Reed Lake Manitoba

• zachary Wietzema

Hey everyone. My dad and me are looking at going to reed lake and staying at a resort for pike fishing in august. I was just wondering if anybody had been up there or heard anything about the lake, couldnt find a good map of the lakes depths or much else on or about the lake besides the resort. Thanks!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I was up there last Mid June. Great BIG pike lake. We ended up with 40 Pike over 40″ for the week. Also a Great walleye lake with plenty of big ones. We also got into a decent amount of lake trout. Overall a Great lake. I don’t think there are any good lake maps or electronic maps available for the lake. You need to be REALLY careful as there are a ton of Mid lake reefs and they are often hard to see unless its flat calm and sunny. The guy I went with has been going there each spring for the last 10 or 15 years. I don’t think he has fished it in the Fall ( He goes elsewhere to Canada in the fall ) We are headed back up to the area this June. Going to locate on a another Lake ( Great Lake Trout and lots of big Pike as well ) just to the south of Reed and make several day trips over to reed. We are also going to hit a lake just to the West that is supposed to have the northern most know population of fishable smallmouth bass. I can hardly wait till june

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.