Next Summer’s Vacation

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hey guys, I usually fost in the mississippi river section for catfish, but am planning a trip on the Red for next summer and was looking for some help. Do you guys know of a good campground near the Hallock, Kennedy, Pembina area. I am looking for one that is preferably right on the river with shore fishing opportunities. I found one online called Catfish Haven, but can’t find out too much more about it. Does anybody know anything about this place? Any help would be appreciated.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

DFresh
    Check your post in the Mississippi Catfish Forum. Hope it helps.

Gator Hunter

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi DFRESH,
    Catfish Haven up by Kennedy, MN has closed. Too many floods up in that area and health problems with the owner put him out of business. I think a few of his old clients are still using the area but it is not open to the public. There is a campground in the city of Drayton, ND on the Red. The areas to shore fish up that way are the Drayton Dam public access, the Pembina public access or the Hallock public access.
    If you have other questions or need exact directions, I will try to be a little more timely in answering.
    Dennis Flom

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Does one need a ND license to fish from that side? Or will a minnesota resident license work? Thanks for taking the time to tell me the place closed. Now I’ll just have to find some other place to fish, maybe I’ll even go into the Canada.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Dfresh
    You can fish the whole river,USA portion, (including both shores) with either a ND or a MN license.
    If you are considering Canada, I would not hesitate, as good as the fishing is throughout the river, nowhere compares to the strech below the dam at Lockport. The place to go is Cats on the Red Resort. It is within a 1/2 mile from the dam and they are very helpful telling you how to catch a bunch of cats while you are there. Their web address is http://www.catsonthered.net
    Good Luck!
    Dennis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.