Give the devil his due

• Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Another trip to the Red and agained taught a lesson.
    Cattin A pulled in a 19 pounder
    And even thro it has been a hard 2 weeks on me I should have posted a congrats a while ago, but I only stopped yesterday…

way to go C/A

The Cat gods frown on me….. Never again will I tease Dennis
    Bowfinhunter

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Thanks bud, couldnt of got it in the boat without you , It was great getting out on the red again with you, its been way too long. ill be getting a bigger net for next time
    Perhaps you need to make a offering to the cat gods to get them to shine once again on you, perhaps all it will take is to go fishing on the meca with Dennis & I .
    That will teach you for teasing Dennis, If it wasnt for all he and Ed has taught us, where would we be now
    So where have you two been hiding, I havnt seen either of you two posting latly, I have heard rumor that someone is still fishing for those little ugly green fish , I mean really, cats wont even bite on that as cut bait, i know cause i try it all the time

Take Care all and tight lines

Cattin_Addict

shelbyjeff
    SW Iowa

congratulations addict. to me nothing more exciting than the Red river, and a bonus to fish it with dennis….
    sorry bowfin had to anger the gods, …. maybe next time will go a bit better, got to atleast get the cat dance in for any hope…..

Bowfinhunter

Hey I.D.C.
    What else can a guy do I eat kit Kat candy bars, and for a little extra favor from the Cat Gods I eat the “big Kat” candy bars.
    I go Kommando Kattin from shore after work, I defend the faith of us Cat fishers to the death against the
    green fish lovers. ( God knows I work with a lot of them and I am always ganged up on 3 or 4 to me)
    Jeez my kids have never even tasted walleye and could not point out a walleye if they saw a picture of one.

What else can a guy do?
    Any ideas p.m. me or shoot I ain’t proud post’em here for all to see.
    Bowfinhunter

P.S. Now that I’m thinking of it perhaps Dennis is the Catfish God and has grown tired of teasings from this subject. (me) Hey Dennis sorry if this is the case…, if I ever get to meet you I’ll make it up to you and I promice I will never tease you about walleyes again.

shelbyjeff
    SW Iowa

i stand corrected bowfin… no offense meant from this corner…you have done all that could ever be expected from a cattin man…. i thought you and addict where with dennis on your last trip(which by the way, he is the cattin god )…
    maybe he just put a little vodoo back on you all from previous ribbings he has taken…ha…..

i do wish you all the luck a man can get in your ventures chasing that all so mighty cat…. best wishes to you all !!

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Guys,
    I think the computer Gods have been raising a little hell with me lately as I have had more than my share of problems with this computer. I think we have come to a truce now though as I think it is working again.

Bowfin, all it would take to get you out of the land of kittens is a trip to Lockport. Cattin_addict and I will make sure you see plenty of pictures of our trip up there. I have been exercising daily now trying to get in shape to wrestle the big cats that we will have to while we are up there.

The river is extremely low in the Fargo area right now, but I have not had any problems navigating it with my RiverPro. My best bite right now is coming in areas of the river less than two feet deep. It is a blast to watch these pretty fish explode out of the water when you set the hook. We are getting big fish almost everyday, even had a ugly green one.

Bowfin, “May the catfish Gods smile upon you” but until then cattin_addict and myself will make sure you see plenty of pictures.

Dennis

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Bowfin,
    I had to throw that picture of that fish in the last post as when the guy caught that ugly thing, he asked what it was and if they are any good to eat. I told him that some people like to eat those ugly green fish but catfish sure don’t like them, so he threw it back saying if it wasn’t good enough for a cat it wasn’t good enough for him.

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

Yupper, the cat bite has been as hot as the weather. But I would just as soon see the weather cool of a tiny bit.

I see them Ugly green thingys are still bugging you Dennis. Pesky critters anyhow!

We have been doing great both North and South of you. I spent some time up North by Grand Forks this past weekend, big fish, plus eaters. I would have to say though, we have been doing just as well if not better here in the Central Red. Jason S had a heck of a good trip with a client the other day, a #28 plus some other Piggy’s, not too shabby. His home stretch is a deadhead jungle right now as your well aware. I hear whispers of a River Pro from him too about now. Props get expensive, this I know too well.

I suspected that your River Pro Hi-Pro is paying for itself pretty darn fast under these river conditions? What a rig Eh? I am 100% certain there is one in my future. I just can’t see guiding the Red and the other rivers I run without one any longer, the sooner the better.

Keep cool and don’t let them ugly fish eat up all your hoppers.

Ed

Bowfinhunter

Hey Dennis,
    I don’t know if you can or want to eat those green fish, but boy does that dude have gigantic hands
    see ya,
    Bowfinhunter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.