How’s the bite?

• cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Dennis & Ed,

Bowfin and myself are thinking about stopping up in the next week or so. Has the bite picked up now that river is back in its banks? of couse I am only referring to the piggys, not those ugly green fish

Thanks for the info,

Cattin_Addict

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Cattin_addict,
    The summer bite on the Red has begun. Now is the time to make the trip this way. Although the bite has slowed somewhat the last couple of days we are still catching both numbers of good eating size fish and the occasional picture fish. The water temp has dropped from 83 to 73 in just the last few days. All it will take is some sunshine to get that back moving upward again.

I am catching most catfish either in the snags or close to the shoreline right now with fresh cut sucker for bait. But if you can find some leopard frogs they probably will work even better.

So do whatever it takes (such as call in sick at work) to make it up this way in the next couple of weeks as the bite is on.

Ps, show bowfinhunter the picture below and tell him this is the size of fish “we” will be catching on Labor Day.

Dennis

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hey nice fish but is’nt that your weekend to go Walley fishing? Come on Dennis admit it.. I would love to go but I will be at home with the little bowfins while my wife will be at Regions in the last year of her clinicals.

During that 72 hour long Holiday weekend the only time I will not be wishing you two bad luck is the 6 hours total I will be asleep.
    So here is wishing it on you early, bad luck and prepare for rain, and cold.
    May the Cat gods frown on you.
    Bowfinhunter

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Thats a very cheery reply Bowfin , but i will have to agree, since i will be going, expect rain, sleet, hail and everything mother nature can throw at me . But ill be prepared this time lol, bringing all the rain,winter gear I have this time. So are we heading up to the Red this weekend? Get a hold of me.

Cattin_Addict

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey Bowfinhunter,
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, I too hope for cool wet weather while we are up there, just so we don’t burn the drags out of our reels while fighting the monster catfish that we will catch. The walleyes are still out in the lake at that time but if I thought they would make good bait we might venture out there but I am sure that you know as well as I that they just do not make good bait. We will be bringing our frog nets and that is the only green things we will be catching that weekend.
    The catfish are biting well in the Fargo area right now and we haven’t had a day in a week now that we have not caught a cat over 12 lbs. So grab cattin_addict and get your butts this direction. below is a 14 lber from last night.
    Hope to see you up this way,
    Dennis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.