re-powering boat

• SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

I’m thinking of re-powering my boat this year and I’ve been looking at the e-tec 115HP, anybody run one of these and have any feed back (good or bad)
    also has anybody ever dealt Warner dock inc in New Richmond WI?

thanks for any feed back

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I have the 115 e-tec on a 1775 impact. Going on 2 yrs with no issues. I had the same size boat with a 2 stroke and I got a little more top end out of it, but not enough to matter.

Red ranger
    New Richmond, WI

I have bought several boats from Warner’s Dock and they have serviced all of my boats. They are good people and run a good shop. I highly recommend them.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I am a faithfull Warner’s Dock customer. I am on my 2nd 115hp E-tec from them. The first one was a 2007 mdl on on my 1999 Princecraft. It ran flawlessly. In 2012 I traded the Princraft E-tec on a new Stratos Bass Boat with a 2012 115hp E-tec it has also been worry free. They have always been attentive to my request and needs. I have them change water pumps every 3 years whether they need it or not as I run shallow sandy channels at my cabin. We also have purchased a pontoon from them 15 years ago and the transaction was smooth. I have recommended them to many friends and customers of mine.

Mwal

Ryan Scholl

i have run a few e-tecs. 60, 2-115s, and 2-200s. Honestly, i would take a four stroke still any day. The e-tec was an impressive motor with the power, they have that. They use more fuel than a fourstroke, and no matter what anyone says about them being so clean they are still a two stroke, and still smell.

If i were to go out and buy a motor tomorrow it would be a 4 stroke.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

thanks for the reply’s guy’s, and Ryan I know the e-tec and a 4-stroke both have there pro’s and con’s but with what I’ve read so far I’m kind of leaning towards the e-tec but I’m still kind of on the fence. but I do plan on continuing my re-search.

SLACK

mojogunter

I have run both a 225 4 stroke and a 225 2 stroke. E-Tec and a Yamaha. I always heard people saying how the 4 strokes were so much better on fuel. I found in my case they used the same amount of fuel. I could see a fuel injected 4 stroke vs a carb 2 stroke getting much better mileage, but that would be apples to oranges. I will say my old 2 stroke carb merc 150 xr6 burned much more gas than either of my 225’s did. I guess I’m still old school and prefer the new 2 vs 4. The only thing about the 4 I liked better is it was quieter at idle and if you didn’t have a kicker it could idle all day and not load up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.