Ranger tracks

• SDfisher44

I’m looking to add tracks to the arsenal for this ice season. I always was under the impression that mattracks were better quality but cost more. It seems like most people for ice fishing use camso though. Anyone try both and can comment which they liked better?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Mattracks are heavy with a lot of moving parts, Camso are lighter and pretty simple….keep it simple.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have only used the Polaris badged camsos. They have been on my buddies ranger any winter we needed them since 2013. Tracks have been great but plan on issues with your clutches and belts unless you drive slow and don’t put on alot of miles.

Mike West

I have Casmo’s. This will be 5th season. No issues yet and pretty easy on and off.
    As mentioned, they’re not made for speed but will go through any amount of snow. Slush is a big No-No

braidyc

You want the Camso tracks for snow. Polaris version is just a rebadged Camso. Buy whichever one is cheaper. Atvtracks.net is usually the cheapest place to purchase. I’ve had a ranger on tracks since 2009, they have came along way since then. You always want a spare belt along and tools to change it. I’ve changed one 16 miles out on LOW and it is really not that fun. Drive in low range.

bfishn

The only track I’ve ever seen actually fail was a Mattrack, and I know waaay more people with Camso on their rigs. The frame sheered in half, parts went flying, track ripped in half etc. It was toast!

SDfisher44

You want the Camso tracks for snow. Polaris version is just a rebadged Camso. Buy whichever one is cheaper. Atvtracks.net is usually the cheapest place to purchase. I’ve had a ranger on tracks since 2009, they have came along way since then. You always want a spare belt along and tools to change it. I’ve changed one 16 miles out on LOW and it is really not that fun. Drive in low range.

What all have the changed? I’m looking at buying a used set of 2010s tread is obviously worn but they aren’t too bad, what upgrades do the brand new models have?

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I read that they use better bearings and are much lighter now. I think I would want tracks just in the back and have skis replace the front wheels

But then you can buy nice used snowmobiles cheaper than a set of tracks

braidyc

I don’t remember off hand what all the changes are, I do know the track tension and alignment has been improved even since 2015 when I purchased mine. 2010 model tracks I would pass and look for something newer. Bearings seals and idlers are expensive. If the tread is worn they have seen a lot of use. Mine show absolutely no wear yet just for comparison.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.