Ranger tin line

• Ronald K. Smrz

Anybody have thoughts on the Ranger aluminum line? Would like to see the new 1882 WT. Yeah, I know they are Tritons with a Ranger badge on them but other than that? Did hear they had some weld problems with cracking. Hope they have that solved. Must have been some Tracker welders working on them LOL. Saw the 17 footer and liked it so would like to see the 18.

pale ryder
    NULL

I tried and failed to link to a thread at Walleye Central.
    I guy there bought a 1780 and the transom cracked so bad that ranger gave him a new hull, that one also cracked.

Justin Larmay

Has anybody had any experience with these boats yet? I know the link that was posted talks about the issues they had with welds cracking. Wondering if anything changed with the newer models? Really like the layout of these boats but it sounds like they can’t handle bigger rougher water like Green Bay from what I’ve gathered.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

We are just starting to get our feet wet this model year at our Chippewa location. The production of these boats were moved back to Flippin as I understand.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Google just about any product and you’ll find issues. If you like the layout, go for it. Ranger wouldn’t be around if all their boats cracked in half…and neither would Tracker.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.