Ranger 618T front trolling motor plug

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

My buddy has this boat and says it doesn’t have the trolling motor plug up front. Is that true, or is it hidden? Is the wiring there for it? I offered to help him install his Xi5, but now this. How much work am I looking at now?

My Reata has an access panel/port that the motor wiring passes through just to the left of the accessory panel, no plug. It might be something like that? Does he have a motor currently installed, or is this a fresh install?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Wiring should be there however Ranger wouldn’t know if it was a Motorguide or Minnkota motor going on so the receptacle likely isn’t there.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I had to do this on one of my 620t Rangers. There should be an access panel in the front and once you open it you will see a PVC tube in there. That should run all the way to your batteries in the back. You can run your wires in that. You will have to buy a male/female plug of your choice and install it. It shouldn’t be too much work.

Attachments:
    1. l_29-1.jpg

sticker

Brand new install on an 2014 boat I believe. He never had a trolling motor on front.

Thanks for the help. I will have him check behind the access panel for wiring.

sticker

Wiring should be there however Ranger wouldn’t know if it was a Motorguide or Minnkota motor going on so the receptacle likely isn’t there.

You nailed it Dutch! Wires are there just need to add both plugs and we are good.

Attachments:
    1. tm-wires.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.