Good ways to cook Rabbit

• ErikHendo
    Crosslake, MN

I’m heading out to do some snowshoe hare hunting and was wondering if anyone had a way to cook rabbit. I think rabbit is the best tasting wild game there is but the snowshoe hare get a little gamie taste this time of year.

theduck

Lightly bread your rabbit pieces that have been cleaned and washed. Take a high sided frying pan and put some olive oil in the pan then take a large onion and start frying the onion. Once the onions have cooked down some add the rabbit pieces to brown the outside. Then take the whole onion and rabbit mix and place in an oven safe dish. Bake at 325 until completely done. The rabbit should almost fall off the bone. Make some gravy from the pan drippings and have with mashed potatoes. Add a few cool ones.

theduck

Lightly bread your rabbit pieces that have been cleaned and washed. Take a high sided frying pan and put some olive oil in the pan then take a large onion and start frying the onion. Once the onions have cooked down some add the rabbit pieces to brown the outside. Then take the whole onion and rabbit mix and place in an oven safe dish. Bake at 325 until completely done. The rabbit should almost fall off the bone. Make some gravy from the pan drippings and have with mashed potatoes. Add a few cool ones.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Quote:

I think rabbit is the best tasting wild game there is

so i am not the only one i think it is delicious–tim

waterfowler99
    Midwest

Quote:

I think rabbit is the best tasting wild game there is

so i am not the only one i think it is delicious–tim

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

cream of mushroom soup in a crockpot with your favorite seasonings

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

cream of mushroom soup in a crockpot with your favorite seasonings

shayla

Cut up into bite-size pieces. Throw into an iron skillet with hot olive-oil, onion, sliced peppers, and zuchinni. Cook it hot and flip it often. Just when the zuchinni starts to get a little soft pour in a 1/4 cup of red wine and cover for 2 minutes. Pour the whole works over pilaf rice with a nice side of asparagus…..Mmmmmm! Oh, and feel free to finish off that bottle of red with your dinner!

shayla

Cut up into bite-size pieces. Throw into an iron skillet with hot olive-oil, onion, sliced peppers, and zuchinni. Cook it hot and flip it often. Just when the zuchinni starts to get a little soft pour in a 1/4 cup of red wine and cover for 2 minutes. Pour the whole works over pilaf rice with a nice side of asparagus…..Mmmmmm! Oh, and feel free to finish off that bottle of red with your dinner!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I was brought up and raised by a big rabbit and pheasant hunting family and I’ve ate alot of them. Heres one of the family favorites; heavily flour the pieces and brown in olive oil or shortening with an onion or two and a couple stalks of finely chopped celery; brown good until its crisp then put a cup of water in the skillet and cover with a lid; watch when it boils the water out then add a can of golden cream of mushroom soup right in with the rabbit and equal amounts or a little more of water: cook under low heat for about an hour with a lid on it adding water occasionaly to keep skillet full; add salt and pepper to taste. The meat will fall off the bone then take the gravy and put it over baked potatoes, its hard to beat a good fried rabbit meal with baked potatoes. Some homemade bread or buns with stuffed celery salks, radishes and asparagus is great.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I was brought up and raised by a big rabbit and pheasant hunting family and I’ve ate alot of them. Heres one of the family favorites; heavily flour the pieces and brown in olive oil or shortening with an onion or two and a couple stalks of finely chopped celery; brown good until its crisp then put a cup of water in the skillet and cover with a lid; watch when it boils the water out then add a can of golden cream of mushroom soup right in with the rabbit and equal amounts or a little more of water: cook under low heat for about an hour with a lid on it adding water occasionaly to keep skillet full; add salt and pepper to taste. The meat will fall off the bone then take the gravy and put it over baked potatoes, its hard to beat a good fried rabbit meal with baked potatoes. Some homemade bread or buns with stuffed celery salks, radishes and asparagus is great.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I’m gonna try KC BBQ sauce and spice it up with a little tabasco and see how it’s is that way. Well once I get a couple more bunnies that is.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

I’m gonna try KC BBQ sauce and spice it up with a little tabasco and see how it’s is that way. Well once I get a couple more bunnies that is.

ErikHendo
    Crosslake, MN

Thank you guys very much for all of these. I hope I get some more rabbits to try them all!!

ErikHendo
    Crosslake, MN

Thank you guys very much for all of these. I hope I get some more rabbits to try them all!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.