Rabbits

• LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Only 3.5 months…till the Beagle gets to hunt.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Are the beagles out? I was out watching my corn pile and had 10 cotton tails running around. I suppose I’ll have to get out the 22 one of these days. Anyone ever grill rabbit?
    Steve

leinieman

Are the beagles out? I was out watching my corn pile and had 10 cotton tails running around. I suppose I’ll have to get out the 22 one of these days. Anyone ever grill rabbit?
    Steve

waterswat
    WI

Never grilled a rabbit, but have our first tourney of the year next weekend. Can’t wait to pull the trigger.

waterswat
    WI

Never grilled a rabbit, but have our first tourney of the year next weekend. Can’t wait to pull the trigger.

leinieman

A rabbit tourny? I wonder if those rabbits will hang around once the 22 goes off or if they will scatter. I may have to get there early and get them one at a time as they come in. I wish the deer would come in one of these days. Not much time left. I only put out corn in the early am thinking that may get them coming early but it hasn’t yet. NEED SNOW.
    Good luck on the tourney.
    Steve

leinieman

A rabbit tourny? I wonder if those rabbits will hang around once the 22 goes off or if they will scatter. I may have to get there early and get them one at a time as they come in. I wish the deer would come in one of these days. Not much time left. I only put out corn in the early am thinking that may get them coming early but it hasn’t yet. NEED SNOW.
    Good luck on the tourney.
    Steve

waterswat
    WI

There are tourneys all over the area down here. 4 man teams usually, and most weight wins. Lot of small town bars put them on. The one coming up will have close to 50 teams in it. Some have different requirements as far as if they need to be completely cleaned with only one foot left and so forth so there is no cheating. You would be amazed at what people will stick into a rabbit to get it to weigh more. Weigh in is usually around 1. Bang bang.

waterswat
    WI

There are tourneys all over the area down here. 4 man teams usually, and most weight wins. Lot of small town bars put them on. The one coming up will have close to 50 teams in it. Some have different requirements as far as if they need to be completely cleaned with only one foot left and so forth so there is no cheating. You would be amazed at what people will stick into a rabbit to get it to weigh more. Weigh in is usually around 1. Bang bang.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

Steve

Grilled Rabbit is OK but a little tough… I prefer to pan fry and then soak in mushroom soup all day in the crock. Another good way is too pan fry and then simmer on low with a tangy, zesty, bbq sauce. Real good ! If you have a slow cooker, cream the rabbit, and then put on toast. Lots of ways to cook these pesky critters.

BTW, generally after shooting with a 22 LR, the rabbits will run but will stop within 10-20 feet giving you another shot. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

MJ

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

Steve

Grilled Rabbit is OK but a little tough… I prefer to pan fry and then soak in mushroom soup all day in the crock. Another good way is too pan fry and then simmer on low with a tangy, zesty, bbq sauce. Real good ! If you have a slow cooker, cream the rabbit, and then put on toast. Lots of ways to cook these pesky critters.

BTW, generally after shooting with a 22 LR, the rabbits will run but will stop within 10-20 feet giving you another shot. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

MJ

leinieman

Haven’t decided if I am going bow hunting this weekend or not. If it’s bowhunting then it’s rabbits Sunday or next weekend. I’ll be sure and let you know how it works out. I’m hoping after shooting the 22 they just fall over dead.

leinieman

Haven’t decided if I am going bow hunting this weekend or not. If it’s bowhunting then it’s rabbits Sunday or next weekend. I’ll be sure and let you know how it works out. I’m hoping after shooting the 22 they just fall over dead.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.