Pull Tabs – Favorite Haunts

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Where do you play?
    I like Babe’s in Lakeville. 6 boxes to play
    Post 1776 in Apple Valley gets rockin. They get 8 deep in line at times.
    Wigwam on LOTW has a $5 box. Although I haven’t hit there yet.

deertracker

Zorbaz. toast

Attachments:
    1. 20150607_213125.jpg

2. 20150811_231939.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s weird down here. I’ve only seen pull tabs in a machine at one bar?

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

And here I thought this was going to be about beer.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

And here I thought this was going to be about beer.

Don’t age yourself whistling

For being Irish I have zero luck. But my wife literally wins something at everything, every time. On our way down to Zumbro couple years ago stopped at a place and we all blew about $100 on tabs eating some dinner quick, her luck finally ended.

Until we go out to car, she had to use bathroom quick, then comes out 10minutes later waving big bills in the air. “I had to try at least a couple more times”, ridiculous. Spent it all on booze. Good times.

deertracker

Since we are talking tabs, how do you pull ’em? I flick the card with my left middle finger and then pull all three at the same time. My buddy pulls top, bottom then middle.
    DT

31lifer

Leave it to you to come up with this post. I really think you have a problem not that there’s anything wrong with that. My best luck was last Valentine’s up at Chase on the Lake. After a day of fishing my wife and I headed over to the Legion for some cocktails and while there we hit for over $800 and probably profited over $600 by the end of the night. We got back to our room and I remember throwing the money on the bed but unfortunately for me the next thing I remember was waking up at 3am freezing cold and naked on the bathroom floor. A tile floor in a hotel room in the middle of February is cold!!!! Those dam Legion cocktails……

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am not personally a big fan, but Neisen’s in Savage has a big selection.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

We got back to our room and I remember throwing the money on the bed but unfortunately for me the next thing I remember was waking up at 3am freezing cold and naked on the bathroom floor.

woot woot hah waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

the next thing I remember was waking up at 3am freezing cold and naked on the bathroom floor. A tile floor in a hotel room in the middle of February is cold!!!! Those dam Legion cocktails……[/quote]

Oh Yeah – I have a problem! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Since we are talking tabs, how do you pull ’em? I flick the card with my left middle finger and then pull all three at the same time. My buddy pulls top, bottom then middle.
    DT

I shuffle them. First few I pull bottom, middle, top. If I don’t win then I start mixing it up.

I can’t stand people who hold winners longer than allowed and get away with it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I turn them all the same way, hold them upside down, pull from the bottom up, and tear really slow. I love that sound, and I prefer a fresh box.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like an old box, but like I said, I hate people who hold tickets.

I also will put money in with a group, but not open any of them, instead divvying up mine to the rest of the group.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Gotta let them fester.

Funny the fw always has me kick in when she loses but I never hear of her winning.

Personally I would rather buy walleye baits then play the tabs. In fact I told the fw’s to give me all the cash she normally spends on tabs and I’ll randomly give her some back making her a winner. Same with meat raffles unless it’s for a good cause. Donations are different.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Pull tabs?…..What species is this??

Never heard of, or seen one before….I think, coffee

grin

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

To each their own, personally I have never bought one.

WS

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Left to my own devices, I never play pull tabs. Never even occurs to me.

But when we go out with the other hockey/soccer/archery league parents, they always want to play. So luckily I happened on a strategy–let Mrs. Grouse open them. She’s up $500 from the last two outings. Mrs. Grouse is not from around these parts and before about a year ago, had never even played a pulltab.

To top it off, after the last little parental bar strategy session before a fundraiser at my son’s school, Mrs. Grouse just won $103 at pull tabs. She then figures, ok share the wealth, so she buys 10 raffle tickets at the fundraiser. Obviously, there could be but one outcome. Her $1000 first prize check arrived in the mail last week. roll roll roll

In case you’re wondering, there would be a 0.000000000% chance of me ever being able to pull off that stunt. I won a cake once at the church fall festival when I was 9 and the cream cheese frosting was bad and got everyone sick. coffee

Grouse

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

0.0000000000% well now, at least there’s a chance. LOL

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mplspug wrote:</div>
    I like an old box…

Don’t talk about your FF like that!!!  :wave:

She’s more experienced and has taught me a lot…

…an extra year is a lot.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.