Opening weekend for Minocqua

• bigpike

Were is the Minocqua crew going. I am on the in-laws lake for the opener : Nokomis, though I could change up to Mohawksin on Sunday.

Many years ago I fished the Willow. Did very well on late years like this fishing the Tomahawk river below the dam that dumps into Nokomis. North end of the Willow is also the place were you can see spawning musky in the river. I saw guys lift them out of the water 15 years ago. I would not recommend it – now or then

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I’ve been fishing the Rainbow the last few openers, we ice fished it today and had almost 30″ of ice and a lot of snow in the wood yet. The campgrounds we stay at 2 miles west of Minocqua may not be open by the fishing opener.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

TFF has 22″ of ice and 13″ of snow on top of that.
    Will be staying home or heading south

bigpike

Quote:

Sally

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Sally

What about the good’ol Croix

If I ever get my boat out of hock from Frankie’s, I think I’ll just stay close to home

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

By “home” i mean Croix.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

We’ll be on the Manitowish Chain more than likely… I gotta believe that the largest lakes will be ice covered still… My fall back will be something in the Hwy 8 corridor, hopefully no further south than Mohawkskin… I am hoping to do my shakedown cruise down there in the few days… One day left having fun chasing Northern WI snowed in Turkeys…. I know they are there, but getting close to them in the crunchy snow has been a challenge.

Heck we may have to go to Superior!!!

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.