Premium tackle box (3700 size) ?

• sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I have a Plano tackle bag that I really like… but the 3700 boxes that came with it are pretty cheap. A couple are cracked and they are flimsy. I did a little shopping and landed on LureLock and picked up two. They are worse for small terminal tackle type stuff. Swivels, hooks, snaps, beads… all over the damn place. Does anyone have a recommendation for ones that are nicer and have tight tolerances?

thanks in advance!

Riverrat

Sounds crazy but harbor freight has some that aren’t adjustable, but for terminal tackle they work great because each little chamber is kinda rounded. Not sure on the durability yet, but I usually leave them at home and take my 3700 pro boxes out on the water.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve been using some prototype boxes from Plano this Summer. They work well for any tackle including terminal tackle, so I expect them to come to market soon.

mojogunter

I switched to waterproof boxes. They are much better built.

I have a Plano tackle bag that I really like… but the 3700 boxes that came with it are pretty cheap. A couple are cracked and they are flimsy. I did a little shopping and landed on LureLock and picked up two. They are worse for small terminal tackle type stuff. Swivels, hooks, snaps, beads… all over the damn place. Does anyone have a recommendation for ones that are nicer and have tight tolerances?

thanks in advance!

Karry Kyllo

I really like Plano 3700 tackle boxes and I’ve got alot of them that I use mainly for cranks which is where I think they really shine. There are quite a few different brands of size 3700 boxes on the market and I’ll buy different brands if I happen to find them on sale but I’ve found Plano to be as good as any of them. I’ve tried different specialized boxes for cranks over the years but I always come back to the 3700 boxes because of their functionality and their simplicity. They just work.
    For terminal tackle, I’ll either use smaller boxes or something deeper that I can fit small individual containers into.
    I also put a desicant packet in each box to reduce rusting.

MX1825

I use the thin 3700 for terminal tackle. Also use the thin box for crappie tackle. Regular 3700 the compartments are half empty. It allows me to get a few extra boxes in the boat. waytogo
    I also put the flambeau z rust strips in the boxes to help with rust control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.