MN coyote hunting???

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

I was just wondering my family just built a new house in La Cresent MN and I have always hunted deer there but I’m getting into the ote hunting and was just wonder for the small game coyote hunting if after dark you can use a rifle or if you still have to use a shotgun like deer season??? HELP??? wanna get out this weekend!!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I believe you can hunt them with rifles.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Thank you Blue Fleck! sounds good

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Its open season here 24 hrs a day. Heres something you might want to do if you haven’t already. If your hunting coyotes at night like here in Iowa don’t leave anything in your vehicle that is used for deer hunting because it makes it easier for the dnr to believe your just coyote hunting, its a good idea to leave all those things at home.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

yeah, I understand that i’ve been out in wisconsin but just not in MN on my land yet really so I was just wondering about the times and rifles or shotguns but thanks dan

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

you can hunt them round the clock. at night it is legal after dec 31 to hunt them with a spot light granted your away from your vehicle, but you have to use a shotgun. otherwise take the rifle out and blast those damn things

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Thank you for sharing that lol im planning on getting some of those Da** things lol…ahahhhahhA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.