powerdrive help

• Allen R Kugler

i have a powerdrive trolling motor i want to upgrade to ipilot link system i found a kit to do it but not sure its the kit or a kit to upgrade older ipilot models. minnkota part number is 2774155. any help would be great. if there is a kit someone knows is rock solid add on, shout out. thanks

dirtywater

That part number you referenced is for a kit to upgrade to bluetooth iPilot, but not the most recent version with “link.”

If you let me know which version of Powerdrive you have (v1, v2, or the current version) as well as the year it was made, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I recently upgrade a Powerdrive v2 from approximately 2008 with a new bluetooth iPilot head. Total game-changer on our recent week-long trip. All the time I used to spend on boat control to get my fishing partners in good spots was minimized to pushing a dang button. I spent all that time fishing myself instead of messing with an anchor, drift socks, etc. Autopilot also made my life loads easier.

Allen R Kugler

its a 2020 late model v2. the kit i found is part#2774155 from trollingmotorparts.com for 459 bucks. strict return policy, dont want to be wrong. if you have a kit number or a place to buy it quickly let me know. thanks

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Same one as here: https://northlandmarine.com/products/minn-kota-powerdrive-bt-ipilot-upgrade-kit-fw-2774155

I put this on a 2013 and it works great until i upgrade to a 112v system. As Dirty water mentioned, this is NOT link, it is strictly the bluetooth head unit upgrade that allows the motor to spot lock and do autopilot.

IF you want to use the jog feature, you are going to have to install a Minn Kota heading sensor. That will tell the trolling motor which direction the boat is pointing relative to the GPS signal.

Allen R Kugler

that was the kit i found as well, northland is out of stock. i found it elsewhere. thanks for the heads up

Karry Kyllo

According to his post, Allen is looking for an i-Pilot Link upgrade kit and 2774155 is only an i-Pilot upgrade kit.

Maybe I’m wrong but according to what I see on Minn Kota’s website, it doesn’t even like like a 2020 Powerdrive is i-Pilot Link compatible and kits are not available.

Allen R Kugler

i found out link is not available forpowerdrive. terrova or higher. will have itrack.

Karry Kyllo

Trollingmotorparts.com may be as good of a place as any to buy kit 2774155.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.