genoa 3-14 quick report

• NickJohnson

got out today with blue perch did pretty well with 40-50 fish boated and 5 making the ride home a 15 and 16 inch sauger 2 17 and a 18 inch walleye all in all a good day just please when you pull out of the water in the morning and its 20 degrees stop for a couple minutes and let your trailer drain so you dont trail water all the way up the ramp and then it turns to ice sounded like earlier 2 boats and a truck were dented up on the ice covered ramp
    waters still cold 32 degrees

sorry no pics

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Thanks for the update! Hope to be out this week.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

got out today with blue perch did pretty well with 40-50 fish boated and 5 making the ride home a 15 and 16 inch sauger 2 17 and a 18 inch walleye all in all a good day just please when you pull out of the water in the morning and its 20 degrees stop for a couple minutes and let your trailer drain so you dont trail water all the way up the ramp and then it turns to ice sounded like earlier 2 boats and a truck were dented up on the ice covered ramp
    waters still cold 32 degrees

sorry no pics

So what was the technique ?

NickJohnson

walleye killer jigs with a minnow or gulp verticle jigging 40-25 fow

fished very slow

blue_perch
    Sparta WI

It had to be Gulp! Alive the regular Gulp didn’t catch anything.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have never tried the Gup Alive…were using the leech or the minnow ?

Did you try just plastic ?

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I was out on Saturday as well with about the same results. LOTS of short fish. I ended up with one 22″ FAT female that went back.

You are right about draining the trailer, that ramp got pretty ugly. The sand can make you slide too, but is better than ice.

What type of boat were you in? I’ll have to keep an eye out on the water for you and say hi. I was in a red 2025 lund pro v. If you ever see me, say howdy!

NickJohnson

we were in a blue crestliner will say hi next time sure we saw the red lund

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.