Lake Onalaska-Perch spawn

• pbitschura

What’s happening on the lake. Haven’t made perch spawn for several years but I don’t want to miss it this year. How is the channel between Schafer’s and Red Sails ? I haven’t been there since the dredging. I quess that dates me just a bit. I’d be thrilled with a come back. Pete

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The lake is clear of ice as ofthis week. The channel in front of Red Sails is still one of the best places to find perch on the lake. I am guessing there will be a few boats starting to hit the lake anytime now. I haven’t heard of any reports since ice out

pbitschura

It was always my go to spot in the 80’s. They would spawn right after they moved into the bay above the far north landing. But family and kids have kept me out of the loop. Plan to get back in the loop this year. Tight lines.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

According to what we found on pool 8 this last Saturday the perch are staging up good right now. The deep sides of the sand flats are holding good size and numbers of perch right now. With that said…it is also a good time of year to be selective on what a guy really needs to keep
    Good luck fishing!!!

pbitschura

Wouldn’t keep a fat female to save my soul. Talked to acouple of fellow up at the north Onalaska landing this morning. They got a few crappies but no perch and the fishing is generally slow. Scouted past Schafers and didn’t see another boat on the lake. Between Schafer’s- Red Sails, and the islands has always been a great area but it looks like it’s still abit early

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.