Anyone fishing Lake Pepin?

• airpart

My wife and I are coming up to Lake Pepin next Monday and I was wondering if anyone is catching anything. We usually target White Bass in the late sumer and I haven’t heard anyting about them. Of course I try to catch some eyes, but the White Bass are for a family fish fry. They don’t get my walleyes!)

MBERNS
    La Crosse, WI

I was up there Monday and we got into some nice ones on the Wisconsin shoreline just north of Deer Point. Just look for the seagulls, they seem to follow the schools of white bass so they can try to snatch the shad as they jump from the water as they flee from the white bass. Good luck!

airpart

Thanks for the reply. I’ll post a report when we get back.

Klondike

Hey Matt B, or anyone for that matter. Need some help here with white bass questions. I never fished the river until mid season this year. I’ve seen several posts mentioning white bass and would like to try my hand at catching some. I’ve been out trolling lead core for walleyes south of that big point north of the town of Pepin and have noticed the gulls several times as you mentioned in your post. My question is what would be a good choice or two for a beginner to use for catching the white bass. Are we talking a slip bobber crawler type presentation or a crank bait of some kind. Should I be trolling or drifting or what. Really would appreciate some input here. What to do, what to do? Thanks in advance. Backtroller II

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If you see them busting the surface just throw a white twister tail at them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.