Storing those ringies and plastics??

• barc
    SE MN

Wondering what you folks have come up with to conveniently store your ringworms, doos, twisters (plastics) in?? Do you keep them in sandwich/plastic bags or is there another better method? What size/type of container do you use? Getting a sizeable collection and looking for an easy method to store and retrieve them. Figured this would be the perfect place to get ideas.
    Thanks,
    Barc

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I keep them all seperated out, by color, in ziplock baggies. I keep all the baggies in a big rubbermaid container, the kind with latches on the ends to keep the lid from flying off. I’ll go so far as to organize similar patterns, core colors in one, purple/blues another, smokes/naturals in yet another, half gallon sized freezer bags. Works good. I keep the quantities of each color down to what I need to get me through a couple days and then just replace what I need to from my streamer trunk sized mega-cabinet o’ plastics at home.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I like to keep mine in a Plano Tackle Logic worm wrap. I just put in some and when I get low, I re-stock them. There are many ways too store your tackle, it is just up to what you like to do.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup-yup. Those things might work pretty good. But I’d need a ton of them. I must have 50 different patterns of ringworms. How many baggies can you get in one of those folders… keeping the worms to a reasonable number in each bag, of course?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I just had to follow-up a little on this as I just had a good laugh at my own expense…

In my office my pc sits next to a closet that runs the full length of the one wall. Just as I got done posting that last reply I glanced up in the closet, doors were open, and took a look at all the stuff I have in there. I have a tackle box devoted strictly to shad bodies. And one for superdoos. Another for kalins. You get the picture. It’s an illness I tell ya’. Can’t help my self. New color? I got to have it. Now! I wonder how wealthy I’d be if I had invested all my crankbait and equipment money from the get-go instead of buying all this STUFF? Oh sure, I’d proably be a rich man, but a terribly unhappy one.

This almost as bad as women and shoes…lol

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

James I hear ya, I am ending up with more and more cases and worm wraps everyday. If you put in a few of each color in a wrap you could fit a decent amount of bags in them.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

James………….let’s just say you’ve reallocated the investment strategies of your net worth! LOL!

Life as a tackle junkie isn’t so bad………..as long as you don’t have to bring it all, all the time!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

OK… I’ll go along with that. It isn’t all bad. But I would prefer my net worth be described as a bit more “liquid” and a little less “plastic.”

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I ditto the plastic ziplock’s by color system..But my storage container is a cooler and I got way to many coolers around here..Full of plastics..Here is a little story I went to Winona Fleet Farm Today looking for tail lights and a trailer repair kit and one special size and color crankbait…they had the size crank but not the color sold out…But I still managed to buy
    $100.00 worth of cranks…and no trailer parts..NOW that is a sickness…….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Isn’t it crazy though? To admit the behavior goes beyond rationalization………….but at the next availability, **BOOM**! We’re clicking heels and doing a happy dance over our latest display of spontanaity! I have almost as many lures I’ve never used as I do lures I’ve EVER used!

Sickness? Maybe so…………….but I’m not looking for any cure!!

Anyone else? How bad have you got it? I recently filled 2 more tackle boxes (large boxes!) with “stock” that I could just leave up at the cabin! Bad enough I have this enormous pile of tackle, now I’m creating one everywhere I spend time!!!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

and with ALL this being said… we gotta have a BUNCH of guys like that!!… maybe we should have a tackle swap meet!!!… that might be fun!!

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

Have you ever noticed that most of the time you pick one of maybe a dozen crankbaits to use out of hundreds and the rest just take up space!!!! And by the way I use zip lock bags and a big plastic container to hold all my plastic tails also.

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

I’ve been fishing with James and seen that Rubbermaid container. He must have a Zillion plastics in there. My only question is the day James took me fishing he only let me use two colors, a purple ring worm and a silver blue shad body. For those of us that have more control when visiting our local tackle shop, the Tackle logic worm wrap or the Cabela’s brand work great for storing a bunch of plastics and take up very little space in the boat.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Cheer up guys. At least when we all get sent to the “funny farm” we will already know everybody! lol.

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Well Now! This brings up a name in my mind, I won’t say his name but I will give you his initials. D.”Hoggie” H. . This guy has so much fishing equipment and stuff it’s like taking a tackle shop along ! At least eight poles, five or six tackle boxes, and all the new stuff that we have to try out !

Makes me wonder why I bring any of my stuff ?

LOVE YA MAN!! GOT WORMS ???

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight line !!!

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Richard, Richard, Richard…. How come, what I consider to be “not enough”… for you is “too much”?

The way I consider it,

they do not make too much fishing to do…

or too much fishing tackle to do it with!

Yep, ok… I am guilty on all counts. I am a tackle hog…

I went out on the river the other day in my 14′ Lunker Alumacraft…. I had a heck of a time finding enough room to put my feet on the floor!

Fun though… having all the goodies with.

My latest toy… I took a electric extention-cord reel and turned it into my “ancohr rope reel”. It is round, has a handle, winds up 100 foot of anchor rope and gets it out of my way… and stows away on top of my ancohr. I just hold to the spool and drop the anchor… which feeds right off the spool as the ancohr falls.

I use my hands to pull up the anchor and then spool up the rope that is on the floor, when done. Cool but… another thing in the floor of the boat !

Yes, I have worms….out the wazoo (and a few other places).

Dave Hoggard

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Buddy, Ya know, I saw the cord reel with your anchor rope around it ! “COOL IDEA” !!! You think we should start a “COOL IDEA” Forum ? I think everybody has some type of a “COOL IDEA” to share !!!

Richard

Keep a tight line !!!

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I think a “cool idea” post or forum would be a cool idea. We buy these floating tubs called boats to put all our fishing toys in — then find out things are not the way we like it. So we get these ideas to make our fishing experiences better. I know I would enjoy hearing what cool things others have done to make fishing more enjoyable. I would even be willing to share my plans for a portable windscreen (although this may not be considered “cool” by some folks

Dave Gulczinski

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

Guilty here too. Well.. maybe not as guilty as some, but guilty.

I think I have discovered a phenomenon: As my stuff count goes up, my fish count goes down.

Does this ring true with anyone else? I swear as I boy I caught more fish with a single rod/reel spooled with 8′ line, one of two baits (there were more but they never saw much action) 1/4 oz yellow mister twister jig, and a white #1 Mepps Spinner.

Unfortunately, I can’t help myself. “Stuff” count keeps climbing.

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

RiverEyes, I can see the logic in your idea. But, the thought of parting with some of my seldom or never used stuff…. hmmmm…. I just can’t see it happening . You’d probably have to get us all on about the 12th step of a tackle addict’s 12 step program.

Oh… and if you do, I’ll be the first to stand up and say “Problem?…. I don’t have a problem.”

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.