Pepin open water status

• mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Hoping to do first two (critical) hours of break-in away from fellow fisherman on pool 4…is there enough open water past the can line to to this…couple a couple / few miles max of open, straight line water. I’ve heard some word that I might be good to go, but would feel better knowing I was 100% good. thanks in advance.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Last Thursday you had open water to the landing at Frontenac. We just heard on our local news that open water is now down to just north of Lake City. That enough? lol

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sunday afternoon: Just drove along the lake from Red Wing to Lake City. There is an open water path all the way to Hanson’s Harbor but about 50 yards from shore. Hol-si-lah is still iced in and Dairy Queen Bay is iced in as well. The LC marina has signs of ice rotting but still iced in as well. Colville public landing in Lake City was open today, as was Bills Bay next door. Baypoint was still iced in with signs of ice rotting in spots. There were 2 boats in the Baypoint lot apparently debating on how thick the ice was in the marina. I don’t know if they tried to play icebreaker or not.

mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

That’ll do, Tom! Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.