lake city or wabasha

• jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

I know it is late but I am off tomorrow and want to fish. It is going to be very windy and I hate wind. Which town should I launch from and where could I head for a little wind break? I appreciate any suggestions. I want to target walleye but I am happy with anything?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If you are wanting to stay out of the wind then Wabasha is your best chance. Lake City puts you about in the middle of the lake depending on wind direction can be good or rough as get out.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

wabasha, city launch just north of bridge. try some back waters if its to windy but i would stick to main channel areas you should be able to stay out of wind a little bit. good luck

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

wabasha, city launch just north of bridge. try some back waters if its to windy but i would stick to main channel areas you should be able to stay out of wind a little bit. good luck

x2

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

wabasha, city launch just north of bridge.

That’s what I was thinking too. I have only had a boat for a few months and launched from this location once and Lake City twice. Thanks for the quick responses!

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

If you can stay on the wing dams, you should be able to find a little of everything……..that’s what I like most about fishing the river!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.