pepin

• bennyboy4252

went to Pepin on between wabasha and Lake city right off of a rocky point and we hammered the Smallmouth through the ice. Overall we caught about ten or so 1-2 pounders 5 4pounders, 1 6pounder and the biggest smally that I have ever seen around the 8 pound mark. It was about 21 inches and the girth was incredible. caught mainly deadsticking fathead minnows(with a bobber), along with a couple on jigging wraps.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

Pictures?

kroger3
    blaine mn

When did that open up? I ran down by boat Friday and open water stopped about 5 miles north of lake city… There was still one perminante fish house out but I think that one was going to be a lost cause. Unless it opens in pockets.

rangerski
    North Metro

Quote:

When did that open up?

Looks like he was ice fishing….

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

If it was 8#, you just tied the MN state record smallmouth.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Quote:

Pictures?

Sorry but you didn’t take any pictures of a supposed 8lb smallie? I’d love to see all of those fish. Not to mention how you get a smallie to come through the ice.

BBKK
    IA

A 21″ 8lb smallie? Holy cow, that has to be a record. Biggest smallie I’ve seen was a FAT pre-spawn female that was gorging herself on shad for weeks. She was 23.5″ long and 7lbs. I doubt that fish could fit though an 8″ hole.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to Ido!

Heh heh, forgive these guys. They forget we are all fishermen. Don’t judge this place by the responses here.

We do have a saying, if there’s no picture, it’s just a fish story.

I can see by your post you were guestemating. Nothing wrong with that. Since it’s your fish story.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

I can see by your post you were guestemating. Nothing wrong with that. Since it’s your fish story.

..I caught a 72lb 10oz flathead once. BK did the guestemating. …rr..rr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

rrr, we have pictures of that 24 pounder.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

. Not to mention how you get a smallie to come through the ice.

That part isn’t a problem. The 8 lb part I’d like to see.

bennyboy4252

I do not have the pictures on me, but i am contacting my friend to try to get a hold of the pictures and I will try to post them. Honestly if it was not 8 pounds it was damn close…7.5 at the smallest… I fished my whole life and I have never even caught or seen a bass that was even compareable to this fish. just massive

we lost many fish at the hole too… the smallies are just soo aggressive and it is hard to get them through the ice. they would get right up to the hole and they would give one last burst right under the ice

If you do not believe this I honestly do not care,the fish are there and if you want just go out and try to catch them yourselves.

chirp
    Rochester

Nice post Benny. Great fish also. Would love to bring a Hawg like that through the ice. Welcome to IDO.

hunter1723

This site is full of people that want to rain on your parade!

ozzyky
    On water

I don’t know if anyone was raining on the parade. At the time it was his first post with no picutre credibility that’s something not everyone is going to beleive. I see a pic is now posted from the report of a smallie now just not any of the 4-5 lb or 8 lb smallie. Regarless nice job on hammering smallmouth in the winter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.