Reincarnation and White bass

• airpart

I know this is a strange title to my post but why not. As far as reincarnation goes I am sure that I don’t want to come back as a perch. Last spring we were fishing Lake Pepin and the go to lure was a perch colored walley diver. We caught almost every kind of fish you could think of with it including a perch. Maybe that is why we don’t catch a bunch of perch on the lake.
    Secondly I would like to know if the white bass are hitting. We will be coming up the week after labor Day and hope to get into some “jumps” as they call it in the south.
    It would be nice to catch a mess of white bass the first couple of days so we could concentrate on walleyes for the remainder of the trip.
    The third thing is geeze guys how about some more posts on the fishing up there. I and I am sure a lot of other guys live vicariously through your fishing adventures. I have learned a lot, laughed some and was amazed many times. Keep up the good work.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not sure if your going to be fishing the lake or the upper end of P4…but…

In my cat fishing travels in the evening, I’ve been seeing white bass busting in the Trimbel, Vermilion and around the wing dams near the dam.

I’m sure we’ll have some waiting for you Labor Day weekend.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

First of all I would like to apologize to anybody living vicariously through me. Secondly, Where are you from that you are watching what is going on “up here”?

dd

airpart

I do live vicariously through you and others. I used to come up (from Chicago burbs) 5 or 6 times a year, but with the price of gas and getting old we only get up there two times a year.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Well now that I know someone is watching I will try to get out there and do something postable. Do you get out on Michigan any? That is something that us guys up here watch down there.

Joel

blufloyd

These jumps are happening all over south of the city and probably in the Illinois. Big mean hybrids are popping around me. But if you like the 7 hour drive go for it.

airpart

Don’t get out on Lake Michigan, it scares me. I have been on a couple of charters and it was fun but missing something. Like deep sea fishing, not for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.