Pool4

• jkratky
    Lino Lakes, MN

Has anybody been down there yet? Or is it still to early?

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Yes the river is rising fast please stay home

David Blais

Monday was better then Wednesday.. Gas is cheap in Red Wing..

eyeguy507
    SE MN

should have been there today!

mojogunter

It sounded like most ramps will be closed after today due to high water.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Back channel is probably closed now
    This was yesterday

Attachments:
    1. 20200402_185507.jpg

Umy
    South Metro

Was there yesterday, April 11
    Water still pretty cold, 43-44 degrees. On the MN side, back pool where we could see the dam from. Fished the edges and up the shore along docks too. Not much biting, couple of northerns was all

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Was there yesterday bite was still real good.but I have to wonder why when a fish is caught in 1 spot someone always goes there and spot locks to mess up the whole train of boats? Hey dumb a$$ just keep going and not mess up everyone else. If you don’t know how to run a Dubuque rig learn. Or last week when 7 boats were running Dubuque rigs going up stream here come a boat downstream I had to ask him if he was going to run into me and he said I might wtf I just love this lol pool 4 in spring run

Smellson

Was there yesterday bite was still real good.but I have to wonder why when a fish is caught in 1 spot someone always goes there and spot locks to mess up the whole train of boats? Hey dumb a$$ just keep going and not mess up everyone else. If you don’t know how to run a Dubuque rig learn. Or last week when 7 boats were running Dubuque rigs going up stream here come a boat downstream I had to ask him if he was going to run into me and he said I might wtf I just love this lol pool 4 in spring run

Honestly, this attitude down there kind of drives me nuts. I fish down there quite a bit and there are people down there that just think they should be able to fish however they want and if someone doesn’t obey their rules then they get pissed. Many times i’ve been fishing spots where everyone is drifting downstream one hour then people start pulling dubuque rigs upstream…who’s in the right? Or when guys are anchored up and casting current seams but think no one else should be allowed to go upstream or downstream along the seam they are casting. It’s pool 4 in the spring, if you’re going to fish a community spot then expect people to be fishing in different ways. If the weather is nice, it’s gonna be a pain in the a**…Just try to make the best of it and if it drives you nuts, then go find one of the hundred seams that aren’t getting pounded. Alot of the people fishing down there this time of year aren’t “river rats” and don’t know the “rules”. Go easy on em.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I was dragging dubuque rigs downstream nowhere near another boat because I just couldn’t stay down due to the current going upstream. It worked for me and the fish didn’t mind? However that was not me Scratcher! More than one way to run dubuque rigs…casting them works too btw. I just can’t deal with the community spots this time of year so I stay away as there are SO MANY other areas with little pressure especially with the high water.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Oh trust me I am not mad I just love it when people just do there own thing I am that guy! After it got to be a mad house I just moved up stream and caught fish with no bothers I know that I have been fishing p 4 for nearly 35 years and defiantly have seen new fishing ways! Just saying sometimes it makes me wonder. I do enjoy other people like teaching the 2 young guys on sunday not catching fish that asked how to do it,so I came to there boat and showed them my Dubuque rig and gave them both needed things to set there poles up to catch fish. Later they pulled up to me and could not thank me enough I just said no problem and I enjoyed the whole moment. So as I will return to p 4 till I can no longer make it. Have fun be safe and happy fishing! Oh and if you see me say hi and I would be more than happy to tell you how fishing is any where from the dam to the lake and if you don’t know the boat it is my SCRATCHER II

shockers
    Rochester

Wish I would have seen you yesterday! Could have used the tips from The Scratcha!

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Lol how you shockers? I have some sound advice for you . been to p4 about 21 times this year!

rubberduck
    east bethel

How was the bite before it got cold? How long you think it will last?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.