Pool 4 Report 10/16-10/17

• Mike Johnson

Well the highlight of my report will be the weather the last two days. I fished from lake pepin to the dam and caught fish everywhere in-between with my best success trolling crank baits in 11-17 feet of water. I did catch fish on jigs and plastics, but with water still at 60 degrees trolling seemed to work better. It is definitely a mixed bag right now as I caught crappie, catfish, rock bass, smallmouth bass and sauger. I did not land a walleye this weekend. As the water cools I am looking forward to a better bite.

Tight Lines

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks Mike,

You’re report gives me the urge!

shockers
    Rochester

Thanks for the report, Mike!

I was out same days as you. Mostly from Red Wing toward dam. Had decent luck on plastics. Saturday was better than Sunday, though my fishing partner boated a beautiful 29″ eye (safely released) on Sunday. Saw a few guys targeting cats, BK, and they seemed to be catching them.

And boy, that fog was dense Sunday morning. Whew!

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

yes sir cats were on fire with a few sturgeon mixed in

Attachments:
    1. 20211017_135824-scaled.jpg

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Thanks for the report Mike! We were out for a few hours on Sunday also. Beautiful weather, but slow fishing. Only ended up with one decent flathead on a jigging rap which was fun! Oh, and a few tiny small mouth bass..
    We talked to a lot of people out there and most said it was slow compared to Saturday.
    Shockers, was that you in a white and blue Sylvan? Saw a a beauty of a walleye be c&r’d by two guys.
    Congrats if that was you!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

yes sir cats were on fire with a few sturgeon mixed in

I knew I should of spent the 3 hours I had anchored up there! Son of a…

Wedding is going to burn up this weekend. I told her she should of got married over Christmas!!

shockers
    Rochester

Thanks for the report Mike! We were out for a few hours on Sunday also. Beautiful weather, but slow fishing. Only ended up with one decent flathead on a jigging rap which was fun! Oh, and a few tiny small mouth bass..
    We talked to a lot of people out there and most said it was slow compared to Saturday.
    Shockers, was that you in a white and blue Sylvan? Saw a a beauty of a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye be c&r’d by two guys.
    Congrats if that was you!

Hi Jake. Nope. We were in a white Lund Impact.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.