Pool 4 October 31st

• 4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

The bite is Spooky good! I honestly don’t think we have seen a bite this solid in many years here in Red Wing. Fish are still being caught on lead core, hair jigs, plastics and the good ole jig and minnow. Basically, however you like to fish you will catch them. I have to go scoop minnows now, don’t wait, get to Everts and catch some fish! Thanks, Chris

Jonesy

Hope to be down friday. Was going to make it today but something came up. Fish in the river or is the lake still the ticket?

eauclaireboys
    Eau Claire wi

I have fished red wing maybe a dozen times. I have never done great. Many times coming home empty at
    The end of the day other times with a good bag. I have only really ever fished where jay creek flows in and the Wisconsin side of the dam near all the rip rap.

We decided to head to redwing tomorrow based on this post.

Other than the few spots mentioned is there anywhere else we should try?

I heard talk of plastics, is that dragging them in 10-20 ft current seems or is it pitching them into shallow shallow areas.

This will be my last time out until may. So if anyone can enlighten me on how to have a great day tomorrow that would be awesome.

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Well, how did your day turn out on the river? Mixed reports today from boats with 50 fish and lots of smalls to one boat with 1 fish.

WhereTheFish8

Glad to see some recent activity and a few reports ( I also have not been prompt in reporting results) I’m headed down on Sunday while the army of orange is chasing bambi. Plan to pull cranks and maybe some plastics, taking the nephew(12) with, should be entertaining. Will try to report from on the water. Start at the damn and work south until we find them. Gotta love good electronics! Good Luck!

Nick Meyer

Fishing is not that great right now. Nice business getter tho Chris! ;). Fishing is very spotty at best and yes you can get lucky and find a feeding pod of em, but chances are very low considering the water temps keep jumpin up and down. Cast the shorelines till your arms hurt if you want a chance at any sort of nice fish! Happy fishing and good luck y’all!!

Attachments:
    1. walter.jpg

Jonesy

Fishing is not that great right now. Nice business getter tho Chris! ;). Fishing is very spotty at best and yes you can get lucky and find a feeding pod of em, but chances are very low considering the water temps keep jumpin up and down. Cast the shorelines till your arms hurt if you want a chance at any sort of nice fish! Happy fishing and good luck y’all!!

I was worried about the warm weather at the end of this week. I really wanted to get out on monday but that did not happen.

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

Fishing is not that great right now. Nice business getter tho Chris! ;). Fishing is very spotty at best

lol I was thinking same thing. I’m glad someone called him out

shockers
    Rochester

X3

Was out yesterday.

Fishing is ok. But I wouldn’t say on fire. Seem to be concentrated in a few small spots. Not all spread out.

But can’t beat being on water with these temps! Beautiful.

Also if you bass guys are bored been catching plenty of Smallies

WhereTheFish8

Just in case the walleye angling is slow with the nephew, where would one start to look for small mouth? Riprap? jigs and plastics?
    Thanks

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Well, thanks for “Calling me out” and setting me straight above!

All I can say is we had 14 boats come in with 2 or 3 person limits again yesterday. Some of these guys fished a few hours and some fished all day.

Were there boats that struggled? Yes! I would say at least that many reported catching very few fish.

The fact of the matter is we are enjoying some of the best weather and the best bite we have seen in years here on Pool 4. But, that does not make them jump in the boat.

As those of you who know me will attest, I will give you an honest report about what we are seeing. If the bite is tough, I will let you know. Of course, we want the business but I also do not want people upset with me for misleading them.

1 gentleman on Monday actually yelled at me for lying about any fish being caught. He then proceeded to tell me he did not see a fish caught all day. I politely asked him to walk over to the cleaning shack with which had 5 guys standing in it with a total of 30 perfect Walleyes and Saugers in the sinks. This was at 1:00 p.m. This gentleman walked away muttering something under his breath about how they obviously caught them somewhere else.

The fact is I cant make you catch them. I can tell you when the bite peaks and falls and I can give you an idea how to catch them but the rest is up to you.

shockers
    Rochester

My buddy caught a ton of bass yesterday casting jig/plastic up along rocks/riprap in real shallow water. Then he got bored and cast a bobber and minnow out to see if he could also find any crappie along the rocks – and caught plenty of bass doing that, too (no crappie).

purehd
    Newport mn

We where down last Saturday fished between the high bridge and head of the lake.. Threw back a few smaller fish and a hand full of 21″ or bigger fish brought home 10 decent keepers for dinner with two of us in the boat.. Pulling cranks and tried dragging jigs a little bit also.. green was the color of the day..

Buckeye86
    Inactive

The fish are biting very well if you do a little work and find them. Don’t expect to drive up to the dam and hammer them. A lot
    Of the fish are on the move. Myself and many guys I know have been doing very very well lately on size and numbers. Chris is telling the truth so don’t bash him if you struggled maybe you aren’t that good of a fisherman!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.