Pool 4 lost a couple good men recently

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The oldtimers here know the Yooper crew… We’ve been coming each spring and fall to Everts for fishing adventures and male bonding for many years. I’m sad to report we lost two of our “regulars”…
    Pastor David “Chaps” Anderson (67yrs old) and Mark Flunker (58yrs old)
    Two outstanding men that took life and walleye fishing seriously…David succumbed to cancer after a 6yr battle and Mark to ALS.
    Both of these friends taught me that the pure enjoyment of being on the water far outweighed the number one put in the livewell.
    Their spirits will carry on with me as my trusty Crestliner eases up the river…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0385.jpg

2. IMG_0425.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In my 60’s now it seems I know somebody each week in the obits of the local paper. Our time is coming.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of your friends and fishing partners. Those precious memories will stay with you all your days.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry to hear this Tom.

The good and the bad about Everts. I personally enjoyed meeting the multitude of folks that made Everts a tradition over the years. I don’t enjoy hearing they have left us.

On a more positive note, many of the anglers that have left have passed the fishing rod to a younger generation and the tradition continues with fond memories of the folks that that cleaned fish before them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

And thanks for posting Tom.

June Palahniuk passed away and her husband Jim didn’t want it posted. Then Jim passed away as well. I found out 3 years after his passing. frown

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Never a good thing to hear… If I may quote Brian

“The good and the bad about Everts. I personally enjoyed meeting the multitude of folks that made Everts a tradition over the years. I don’t enjoy hearing they have left us”

Prayers sent for the families and for your loss !

Hope to see you soon .. Trumar

jeff-pb-crappie-16.5
    SW Michigan

Thoughts and prayers for you and the families and friends of the ones you lost.

mattgroff

Thoughts and prayers for tha family’s

bigpike

Sorry for the loss of your friends and fishing partners.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Sorry to hear that news

FryDog62

I personally would like to see a cure to ALS in my lifetime. Cancer is a b—–, but in many cases there is some hope. Don’t want to minimize it, but with ALS it is bascially a death sentence… and a slow miserable descent at that. I have donated to many charities but that is one I hold out hope for a breakthrough in my lifetime. Sorry to hear of your losses BK!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.