Pool 4 flow what's it gonna be like for the fyb

• mr. sauger25

So we have 2 cabins rented and 5 boats coming up to fish Friday and the tourney with all the run off rain and snow is this even gonna be fishable if so what’s the best approach have never fished raging river

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

The slack side of the current seams is where I usually start looking.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The river is always “fishable”… maybe it won’t be in the same place they were caught when the flow was 5000 cfs. Well I guess I shouldn’t say always but close. )

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fish areas with less current. No matter how high the water gets there is areas with less current.

mr. sauger25

I’m assuming it should bring some more fish up from the Pepin

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

There will be new fish coming out of Pepin,
    now til at least early April to end of April.
    Good Luck
    Jack

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

fish where the fish are! eddys up by the dam is always a good challenge

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Luckily the horrible bite was this weekend, maybe the fish will get used to the changes by the weekend, I’d imagine anyway.

404 ERROR
    MN

FB&R has the right idea. Might make FYB interesting. I imagine the weights will vary dramatically. The water levels should stabilize this week and should help the fish acclimate a little bit…at least that’s the hopeful situation.

mojogunter

That is my hope too. The fish kicked my butt this weekend. One sauger is all I could find to bite. I saw fish, but getting them to bite was the problem.

Luckily the horrible bite was this weekend, maybe the fish will get used to the changes by the weekend, I’d imagine anyway.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Think its going to be a pretty good weekend of fishing on the river. 50 degrees out. Hard to beat that. Water levels are up but not terrible. Looks like they started to level off last weekend. That will give those fish plenty of time to set up to the new water levels. Im sure looking forward to getting back out after them.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Think its going to be a pretty good weekend of fishing on the river. 50 degrees out. Hard to beat that. Water levels are up but not terrible. Looks like they started to level off last weekend. That will give those fish plenty of time to set up to the new water levels. Im sure looking forward to getting back out after them.

I agree mike. She ramped up and is holding steady since.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.