Pool 2 Levels/ Access

• Dan Baker

Hey All, I’m hoping to get out on Pool 2 Monday afternoon. I haven’t been since last Spring. I see the forcasted flooding and am wondering if it will still be safely accessible. I would like to launch at Watergate so I don’t have to worry about weird currents. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You are going to be hitting the river just about at peak flood. Personally, I’ll pass. coffee

-J.

Attachments:
    1. pool2.png

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

The river is never completely safe!

Launching at Watergate, you should be fine to fish by Crosby Park, in the trees below or above the Highway 5 bridge and the dam should be fishable. I would definitely stay out the of the main channel, travel carefully and watch out for trees.

Dan Baker

The river is never completely safe!

Launching at Watergate, you should be fine to fish by Crosby Park, in the trees below or above the Highway 5 bridge and the dam should be fishable. I would definitely stay out the of the main channel, travel carefully and watch out for trees.

Great info, thanks. I was planning on spending most of my time by the Ford Dam. I can only be out there for a few hours. I definitely want to be off before dark.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I would be very very careful going out right now on P2. I haven’t been for a week, but it doesn’t look friendly. I was at lillydale wed am in the pic and I would guess it’s closed now as that was 2 ft +ago. Fishing the damn can be tricky durning normal high flow, but it’s got to be cranking now. Maybe someone who has been out recently can chime in.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180425_080832033.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

They are closing that road any time now. Signs are up.

-J.

Dan Baker

Yikes, Sounds pretty rough. I just talked to Watergate Marina, and they were less than encouraging about going out. It sounds like a no-go. Bummer!

buschman
    Pool 2

The levee is still open now but sure it will be closed tomorrow. Hidden harbors launch looked good. Still room for a couple feet of water before it hits the parking lot. We might see that though.
    Hate to say it but believe your just burning gas down there this next week. Down this direction anyways.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0825.jpg

2. IMG_0826.jpg

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Shore fished down by the ford dam the last two nights and I would highly advise against any boating down there. Water is really ripping. A few trees headed downstream as well, only going to get worse throughout the weekend and early next week.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Hidden falls is closed now due to high water. I assume the others are closed, too.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Watergate turned my neighbor away Friday. Coming over the hwy 5 bridge today, I’ve never seen the river so brown so far upstream from the confluence. All the way up the Mississippi side of the pike island shore looked like a ribbon of chocolate milk.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Ramp 494 is still usable. I’d use it if I wasn’t alone.

Attachments:
    1. 6DB7178B-902D-4478-8049-F8F474A1A824.jpeg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looks like we have crested at 14.38. River on it’s way back down!

-J.

Attachments:
    1. 05-01-2018-.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.