Piggybacking

• mike mulhern

I am 61 and became a member a few years ago. I’m on wc and this site and I find lots of good stuff to try and apply on the lakes I fish but I get most of my reliable information from my dog. Jessie will jump in anyone’s boat and will be friendly as well. She is an icebreaker and gives me a chance to look at what they are using for bait. The conversation can just takeoff from there or they threaten to throw that shorthair in the drink. great site to visit when I’m not in Canada

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I’m 64…..Been here 11yrs….I already knew everything about fishing when I signed up roll rotflol so just hang out…
    I’ve made some damn fine friends here so I’m a trusting guy ….. wink

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I’m 35 and I’ve been here way to long. 13-14 years i think. I seldom trust the fishing info that is shared here, although I know I should cause a fisherman would never lie!

However there is a lot of non fishing related info that is to be had here on this site. I don’t know of a better place to go where people can and will openly share real world knowledge that will help others.

Iowaboy1

55 trapped in a 90 year old body.
    been here for a couple of years now.
    I glean some fishing info here but was very fortunate to have a grandfather,father,and ex-fil who taught me many things.
    the rest I try to teach myself,more fun that way.

met some great folks here along the way after leaving two other sites that were in a downward spiral.
    brought some friends from those over to here with me.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

50, been here 2 or 3 yrs. Have learned a lot , both fishing and every day things , and met some great people . Most of my info comes from friends I trust , reading , and trial and error. This is definitely my favorite packer site , I visit here for all my pack news.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

1- 30 yrs old

2- I’ve been on this site for close to 2 years. I was a “creeper” for a couple years before that.

3- I get most of my info from trial and error. But also like to hear everyone’s opinions on different tactics and what not. That’s why I like IDO so much. I am on BookFace but really don’t care for all the politics and whiners that come with it. I recently deleted a bunch of “groups” I was in cause I couldn’t take it anymore..

4- Trustworthy? Most stuff here on IDO I do trust as I see most are willing to help out in many different categories from fishing, hunting, food plotting, gardening, etc. With that said, I still take everything with a grain of salt.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

32 and I’ve been on here since I either joined at the end of HS or the beginning of college… so 13-14-15 years, something like that?

I get most of my current fishing info, reports and what not, from going myself or from other locals. But I come here and other websites for tactics, trends, general advice, etc. I find that not only is most of the info good fishing-wise, there have been other great stories that have come out of IDO. Neat thread… I like it

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’m just hanging around eagerly anticipating BKs next snake shooting pic. woot

Trust? That’s a tough one. Don’t get me wrong, absolutely putting myself in the intermediate level fisherman as well, but when I first joined there were guys who regularly had their boat in the water or boots on the ice a heck of alot more than the regulars now. And that’s not a dig on anyone pls! Just when you have many guides, and tourney guys telling you what they like, with no sponsor crap in the way, it means something, and a whole lot more something than Joe Regular who gets out hopefully 1x week.

IDO is still the best website around, not even close. And look forward to some of those veteran guys hopefully showing back up figuring out that social media crap is just that toast

JMP1890

44, 2 years, hate hate hate facebook. I take information from internet with a grain of salt. IDO is the only forumn I’m on and really like hearing about new techniques.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

46, been around since the FTR days (15 yrs or so?), I have found a lot of techniques and friends on here that I trust. As far as reports go, it is always tough to compare apples to apples.

A casual angler can spend 3-4 hours on the water, catch a 5-6 fish mixed bag and maybe one walleye and call it a great night. If I am on the river and not catching 2-3 decent walleye an hour, its pretty slow. That said, 1-2 big fish of any species makes any trip worth it.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

22, been here about 4 yrs.

I get a lot of fishing info from my grandpa, my dad, myself, and then this site and Youtube, but I also use the other reports site for the Midwest initialed LL, for some “general trends.”

I tend to spend more time on the hunting/shooting side of IDO and get a lot of info there. But the info I get from here I tend to hold in high regard and if I was ever planning a species specific trip or trip to a destination water I’d be asking here for input.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

1) 45

2) 6 years

3) Mostly IDO but learn so much more than just fishing

4) Trustworthy – always a grain of salt. If you’re on for a while, watch someone’s posts for some time, then you get a good sense of who to listen to. Most everyone who’s responded so far gives very good info!!!!

Firearm question – Suzuki, Grouse, Randy, Merican Eagle, etc
    Side imaging or hbird – where’s FBRM, MXskeeter1825, etc
    Mille Lacs – Andy Cox, Bruzek, Roseberg, etc
    Ice fishing – ice nutz, the TUCR guys
    Spam – BK, well no etc there hah

The list goes on with members who not only give good information but keep the attitude positive.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

55, been on here since it was Fish the river. Favorite fishing forum

bigpike

51, I am a fish the river alum so I am guessing 16 years. I learned alot from that era about river fishing and hired my only guide ever once: James Holst. He was talking about a big deal he was working on but couldn’t share the details. That was soon to be his fishing show. Now I use it as a tool to get specific info even if its something non fishing related. I have read other sights but I dont participate. No facebook, no like.

bigpike

4) Do you find the info here trust worthy

I have never made a purchase from anyone on IDO and ever left dissatisfied. I hope I have always satisfied buyers of my outdoor goods. I feel I have, never heard a complaint . Thats saying something about the overall integrity of this sight and sportsmen and women who share it. All the purchases of the products advertised and used by the staff have worked out for me as well. At the very least I get to watch what I might purchase in action then make my own decision with comparable products. Bfishn Tackle, Strikemaster and Marcum are staples because I love the product. Thank you IDO. Here is my biggest fish ever thanks to a great St. Croix rod and reel purchase from fellow IDO’er Tom Gursky. This rod and reel is still in service after some 5 years, and has caught almost all my trophys in that period. Thanks Tom

Does that answer your question?

Attachments:
    1. DSC_0075-1.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.