Pasha 2010

• mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Just wondering on how many IDO members are going to Pasha this year and when. I’m going the last week in July. This is also my first time up. Also the first one up there should start a picture post. Thanks Mower

arklite881south

Hey Mower!!

I have VERY LITTLE time in the summer, but my Dad and I are MAKING time this September to hunt Trophy Black Bears and of course FISH!! We plan on returning again maybe the following spring, but for sure the next September again in 2011 also!! I think it will be cool to do a Pasha Pic Post!! We’ll be sure to play!!

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Mower- We are headed up from NY mid-June.I will post on how things went. I have done alot of looking at different places to fish ( as I have for the last 37 years) and fished alot of different places but seems Pasha Lake will be it from now on. I have not heard any complaints at all of Chad and his Wifes place and am looking forward to getting up there.Funny thing as all the business he has, not many are posting much about it. Must be they want to keep it a secret!!

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I’ve read some great things on the IDO forums, so I just can’t wait. By the way peterclassic600 do you have a son working in WI?

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

No, only a Daughter here in NY. No one out West.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Mower, we are headed up August 6th for a week. I’m looking forward to having a shot at multiple species including Lakers over the week.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Just a little over 2 weeks for me. I’m getting packed now. Can’t wait.

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

Mower- have a great trip and save me a few for next year! Thanks. Pete

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Getting ready to post a new report… should be up in a couple of minutes…

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Hey Chad
    I am having a hard time rounding up a crew to come up there,
    as soon as my wife heard about bears in the area she got cold feet.
    I am not exactly sure how she found out about the bears?
    Anyway during the process of trying to round up some angler friends there always seems to be some kind of hang up.
    I haven’t given up yet,and should be calling you soon.

Chad Thompson

Yep – It can be tough to be the point person… but please don’t hesitate to have those guys call or email me if questions come up. Sometimes they have to hear it right from the horses mouth

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

My update is 7 days to paridise. I’m leaving next Friday.

Chad Thompson

Don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but this is hot off the press from Friday… enjoy!

Chad

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

OK!!!!!!!!!! Leaving Thursday instead. Gota sight see on the way. Save me a Monster.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Anybody who has made the drive, how far from I-Falls drive time and miles?

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

6-7 hours from Duluth…if that helps at all.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

After looking at that Laker, now I’m really ready. Is it next week yet.

Chad, I shot you a couple e-mails. I’m sure your busy these days.

Do we need anything special like vehicle/boat proof of insurance? We have and run marine radios. Do we need that ROC-M to communicate back and forth between boats?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I’ve read some great things on the IDO forums, so I just can’t wait. By the way peterclassic600 do you have a son working in WI?

Did you make it back Mower? We leave Friday for Pasha and I would like to hear a report.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Yup, made it back finely. Had some good times and of course some bad. Pic’s will be up tomorrow. Chad run’s a nice place up there. Report is—- Onaman- Big fish and you can get a lot – Be prepared to walk, about 1.5 Miles but 23″ is going to be small/to average. Plan, if you have shore lunch that you’ll kill a 23″er to eat. My suggetion is to pack lite, A hand full of jigs,some worm harnesses, 1-2 poles, fish locator??, If you have a cart of some kind to put your equipment on You’ll pobably have to bring in gas also. We put most of our stuff in a couple of totes and straped them on a 2 wheel cart. A deer cart may work better. Organize at home and try to pack to travel over so-so ground. Big fish, yes I think it’s worth it if you plan ahead. North wind – lots and lots of fish. For the week 4people average 500+ per person-for the week. Fish were from 15-30 feet down. Got a few small Blue Walleyes also- Neet to see. I heard that Chad was the best at Walleye dream trips. Call and book, he was full when we got there. I only seen him about 3 times all week. Blueberries should still be ripe Pancakes with fresh berreis- yum Gulp alive worked well tooo. Got to go if you have ??

FishingTraveler

Thanks so much for your report. I’m headed to Paha in 11 days with my two sons. I was curious if you fished any other lakes other than Northwind or Onaman.

Did you catch any northern pike?

See any wildlife?

Also, sent you a PM.

Thanks,
    Chris

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I was at Pasha again about 2-3 wks ago…Fishing was a little slow. One couple at camp got skunked one day at Northwind. I caught plenty of fish while I was there. I strongly agree with the idea of having a cart if you plan on fishing Onaman. I caught most fish on jig/minnow 20-30′ of water.

If you don’t have an ATV, don’t walk to Beatty no matter what Chad says…it’s a long (1 hr) walk across a beaver dam and mosquito infested woods. The lake itself is beautiful and I would like to fish it again, but only if I had a ride. A GPS is great for Onaman…it’s a big lake with lots of islands. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was at Pasha again about 2-3 wks ago…Fishing was a little slow. One couple at camp got skunked one day at Northwind. I caught plenty of fish while I was there. I strongly agree with the idea of having a cart if you plan on fishing Onaman. I caught most fish on jig/minnow 20-30′ of water.

If you don’t have an ATV, don’t walk to Beatty no matter what Chad says…it’s a long (1 hr) walk across a beaver dam and mosquito infested woods. The lake itself is beautiful and I would like to fish it again, but only if I had a ride. A GPS is great for Onaman…it’s a big lake with lots of islands. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Thanks for the advice. My dad and I are bringing our pack frames. That should make long hikes easier.

arklite881south

1hr walk in lake?? Hmnnnn!! I’m the kind of guy that drags stomper bucks 3 miles through swamps!! Because others wouldn’t think of it!! LOL!! Lake Beatty sounds like just the lake for BIG TANK FISH with limited pressure!! Now I’ll likely dope up with mosquitio repellent, but I like the sounds of it!! Hey Chad…..What does Beatty have to offer for fish?? Pike/Walleyes??

Muskeez
    Iowa, US

Hey Guys, I just found this site, thanks to Pete!! I’m headed up to this area in a week, with my 3 kids. Chad was full so we are staying nearby. I was wondering your thoughts on bringing my own boat? I’m pretty set on doing it but I guess I’d like to hear from some people that have been there. What are the landings like? I heard that I can probably get on Northwind? I have a 3/4 ton diesel, so steepness and power aren’t an issue, but clearance may be as my tandem axle Ranger trailer sits fairly low to the ground. I can launch in very little water. We plan to fish Onaman for 1 day, so thanks for the tip on the carts. Are there any other lakes in the area, especially over by Nipigon that I would be able to use my own boat on? How about on Nipigon, (if the wind doesn’t blow) is there decent pike or wallleye fishing there this time of the year? We’d love to catch a lake trout or brookie, but I assume that is all downrigger style fishing and we aren’t set up for that, nor do we like to troll very much anyway. Casting and jigging are our favorites if anyone has any suggestions on action for the kids. this is our first trip to Canada, we can’t wait!! Thats enough questions!! Thanks guys!

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

That sounds like a great question for Chad…Even if you aren’t staying at his camp, I’m sure he’ll point you in the right direction if he sees this post. He’s a real nice guy..

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I’d contact Chad. You probably wouldn’t have a problem at northwind. It’s ruff roads all the way. The grader was just starting on 801 though. IDO does have a vidieo on a river off Nipigon. May even be a couple that you can try. I’d bting your boat and have some comfort.

Chad Thompson

Hey Muskeez

Stop in for a beer when you are here and we can discuss lakes and a game plan for you.

Chad Thompson

Hey Chris –

Beatty by far is one of the best inland lakes for BIG pike and trout. The nice thing??? It’s attached to a very accessible chains of lakes that also have quality pike. If you get bored on Beatty catching big pike… not sure if that ever happens??? … you can try your hand at some lake trout fishing. Big water, lots of food, no pressure and true Canadian bush access… That is a staple fishery for Pasha Lake Cabins!

Check out recent pics…. (I would add more from the guys that make their 2nd trip there this week but they aren’t back yet)

Muskeez
    Iowa, US

Thanks for the offer Chad!! I sent you a PM… Headed North late today!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.