Good Ole Papermouths……….

• bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Took my son out for a late fall open water crappie hunt Sunday afternoon. He did about as good as any 4 year old is gonna facing a relentless N/NW breeze. A cigar float ~ which I’m 110% convinced is the best way to go when bobber fishing in rough water ~ played a vital role in burying a 1/32oz jig into the vacuum like mouths of these slabs. If you want specifics on cigar float fishing ~ PM me. Most fish were caught hanging tight to submerged cover in 5 FOW in wintering holes. Others were bagged while out roaming nearby flats. Brought an Iowa dozen home for the pan. Bite pattern eerily similar to what you would expect sitting on a bucket directly over top of them

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You da manBos

You have to be proud of that boy, the last few days have not been the best for sitting outside. It’s great to see kids can still grow up tough

JasonP
    Twin Cities

crappie…the other white meat.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Stay on em Bos

Will we have the pleasure in meeting the little guy this winter? I think he’s ready for a REAL education

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Quote:

Will we have the pleasure in meeting the little guy this winter? I think he’s ready for a REAL education

Ha! We’ll see how the season unfolds. I had him out last March on late ice. He did real well ~ this of course AFTER he took the rough road on what happens when ya step in an 8″ open hole with a size 5 boot.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Get em bigger boots Bos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.