Crappie experts….

• ripper

Where would a fella look for Crappies on pool 9 this weekend? Moving sloughs, deeper water (10+ft), Timber? Do any Crappies hang out in the Winnishiek basin or are they predominately upriver?

Thanks in advance to all the pros on here who make this site worth visiting.

email

[email protected]

djbeagle
    Onalaska, wi

Ripper:

Crappie fishing for me has gone downhill. I am not finding much of anything in the sloughs anymore. Don’t know if the fish have left these areas or have become inactive.
    I have been finding some crappies in clear water, in other words, water void of the green algae. Most of these fish are relating to a weedline in about 4-6 feet of water.
    I have always wanted to fish pool 9, but have yet to make the trip. Have always heard good things about it..

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

I fish the river all summer long for crappies and almost always do very well on deeper timber with a touch of current. The exceptions are when the river is much higher than normal or if the water is rising or dropping in a hurry, which isn’t an issue at the moment. I may even be on pool 9 Saturday.

mwohead

I fish a local Illinois deep semi clear crappie lake and have been surprised how early the bite has been this year. I know the water never got real hot. Also I usually do well on white and chartruese jigs but have way outperformed with red. Maybe due to the fact that they don’t see it so often.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.