Otter Lodge cover

• cheers

Getting ready for winter if it ever decides to come . I have an Otter Lodge and the Otter cover for it but not at all satisfied with the cover . I pull behind a snowmobile and not on packed trails . The sleigh gets filled with snow in no time at all . Looking for ideas on solving the problem . Thought about a bunch of eye-bolts along each side of the sleigh and bungee chords over the top , but would probably need 6 or 8 to have any effect? I also thought about ratchet strap around the perimeter but think it would not be user friendly. If you have any thoughts or solutions I would be happy to hear them . Thanks

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Sounds like you have the wrong size cover?

-J.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

My experience has been that a hole in the sled is the likely culprit for snow in the sled. I had a pea sized hole in one of mine and it filled up completely on a trip to lotw.

cheers

The cover has Otter Lodge in big bold letters on it . I double checked the sled paperwork and it is indeed a lodge. The cover has an elastic band in it but fits very loose, with any wind it is far from a tight seal

cheers

no holes unfortunately that would be an easy fix . The cover fit is lose !

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Are you saying the elastic is loose? I know that there is a lot of extra space under the cover but the elastic should fit fairly tight around the sled.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Cover on my Otter is tight. Like real tight!

I’d have to assume you could take that to a sewing shop and have it fixed.

-J.

Charles

My cottage is super duty tight. Dragging behind a snowmobile I don’t get any snow in my sled.

cheers

Thanks for the feedback today. Seems my cover is not nearly as tight as others. When the cover is on the sides don’t even hug the sleigh. So now I am thinking that the elastic needs to be tighter, looks very easy to do as it is exposed in each corner so I can just tie a knot to shorten it up . Glad you guys chimed in and changed my thinking before I started drilling holes for eye bolts.
    If it ever snows I will report back my findings
    Cheers!

James Almquist

What it really needs is a couple of straps like Clam has on there covers so you have a way to keep it tight and flat. Not sure if Clam sells just the straps but it might be worth asking or find someone who has wrecked there cover but still has the straps. Maybe some adjustable bungee cords.

Bj jefferson

Getting ready for winter if it ever decides to come . I have an Otter Lodge and the Otter cover for it but not at all satisfied with the cover . I pull behind a snowmobile and not on packed trails . The sleigh gets filled with snow in no time at all . Looking for ideas on solving the problem . Thought about a bunch of eye-bolts along each side of the sleigh and bungee chords over the top , but would probably need 6 or 8 to have any effect? I also thought about ratchet strap around the perimeter but think it would not be user friendly. If you have any thoughts or solutions I would be happy to hear them . Thanks

Frabil predator cover fits 10x better and has a zipper hatch to get in the sled without taking the cover off

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.