Open Water GTG

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Early season P4 would be a lot of fun, then on to Mille Lacs a few weeks after opener?

JMP1890

I would be interested in ML depending on work schedule. Haven’t been to ML in 5-6 years.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

2 GTGs sounds like a good plan.
    Then great as a fishing community as this is, would be great to go support the shores of Mille lacs with another GTG. Launch idea seems to be a good one. Certainly those with boats can go out as well and check in with the launch fellas.

I would be all in for this. It would have been doubtful I would’ve gone all the way up to Mille Lacs to get my boat (where I keep it), hook it up and drive it down Everts/P4 for a weekend. Not that that wouldn’t be a fun event, just too much logistical obstacles for me. Furthermore, the launch outing would also open it up to those that may not even have their own boat. I think this is a great idea!

As far as launch boats, I do remember Red Door was almost committed to having their own boat but that was 3 years ago and it never happened. Thinking it had something to do with “dwindling allowable harvest” the last few years. whistling
    There are still many great launch operations to choose from and a number of them have overnight accommodations as well!

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Everts or somewhere other than Mille Lacs. If the fishing is so poor there that I can’t even keep a couple of walleyes for a meal…..while I would like to support the Red Door, isn’t that going to happen this weekend? Sorry about the rant…(ice fishing has been real slow over here).

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I’d be up for one at Everts.

Those ARM events were the catalyst for getting me on P4 in the first place and then the intro’s to Dean and Everts.

ET

Great memories & good times ! :]

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sounds like we will have two, one on Everts and one on Mille Lacs. I am thinking late April for Everts, and the weekend after opener for Mille Lacs. Thoughts on those dates?

For those who like to Guthook1, I’d recommend skipping both and staying in WI. Maybe that’s why fishing has been “real slow over here”….Mille Lacs fishing has been fantastic, the reasons you can’t keep one can be discussed in another thread and no the Red Door IDO GTG was cancelled. For future reference if you need to apologize at the end of your post, maybe rethink posting it.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think a launch on Mille Lacs sounds like a great idea! Particularly for those of us that like to throw back a few (too many?) which sounds like the lot of us. Not too sure if ill be able to attend with the baby this year and all but it sure sounds like a good time. would be nice to put some faces to all the names.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hell, I even caught a walleye there this winter.

Lynn at Red Door said they use to have a Launch but couldn’t find a good Captain.

Student – I will have my boat down at Everts, won’t have any room in there for you (due to beer cooler space, I’m sure you understand) but I do have an inner tube and an old ski rope if your interested. waytogo rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Sounds like we will have two, one on Everts and one on Mille Lacs. I am thinking late April for Everts, and the weekend after opener for Mille Lacs. Thoughts on those dates?

So we’d be looking at Saturday May 20th for Mille Lacs? Or Friday the 19th? Either way, would be good. Set it, but don’t forget it!
    I would also be interested in the P4/Everets outing as well. Would just be hoping for an open seat in a boat, otherwise I guess I’d at least have that inner tube! laugh

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

wanted to give this a bump. any current discussions on this event?

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Pool 4 upcoming tournamnets…April 22,23 MTT …..April 29, 30 LPO… May 7th Aim Tournament. Just to let you know if your planning on April this year. There is great fishing down there in May and June most years.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

BK
    Mille Lacs is a world class bass fishery now. I’m spending the last week of June up there. I’m still a basshole:)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m in it for the tug!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Hey Fellas-
    Just wanted to post an update. Things weren’t coming together as smoothly as the Winter GTG did. I have also been super busy at home and work, so I haven’t been able to commit the time I’d like to make the event a success. If anyone wants to take the reins and make something happen, I will be happy to help where I can and do my best to attend. But I just won’t be able to devote the time necessary. Sorry for any inconvenience, and look forward to the next GTG whenever that may be!

Thanks,
    BigWerm

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hey Fellas-
    Just wanted to post an update. Things weren’t coming together as smoothly as the Winter GTG did. I have also been super busy at home and work, so I haven’t been able to commit the time I’d like to make the event a success. If anyone wants to take the reins and make something happen, I will be happy to help where I can and do my best to attend. But I just won’t be able to devote the time necessary. Sorry for any inconvenience, and look forward to the next GTG whenever that may be!

Thanks,
    BigWerm

You need to buy a boat!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You need to buy a boat!

I’m still coming to terms with selling mine Scott, I think I need to be boat single for a while. rotflol rotflol rotflol

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Everts resort. Throw back to fishtheriver.com. For you new guys that is ido before it was ido. Fishing, tubing, boats sinking, monsoons. Thoses where some get togethers.

Ah yes….. those are times I shall never forget….. and I often miss!

I seriously doubt I could make one no matter what date(s) we chose because my calendar is already filled up for 2017 but if we were to do this with some air of regularity….. every other year or something…. I could certainly plan for one. I would love, love, love to sit and trade stories with the “seasoned” IDOers again!

BK – You know I love ya like family, which is why we exercise no respect, but I just want to remind you that between you and the walleyes…. there is no hope! rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Okay, first off I would not have any worth in planning anything down on the river since that was never my playground and that would be up to the “river rats”.

Regarding a Mille Lacs outing I had explored some options after Bigwerm fumbled. (JK…Kory!)
    I found some challenges in finding a place that offered a launch boat option with an affordable motel with nicer accommodations. I have now confirmed that Red Door does have a launch boat now and would be available for what I would hope would meet the needs of an IDO GTG.

My thoughts are now that it is too late for something in May/June and that time is when many are already ramping up for spring early summer fishing as well as other family activities. I’m thinking sometime in August when walleye season reopens.
    Launch cost is $35. Red Door also has boat ramp and slips available for anyone wanting to “show off” their boat or just do their own private fishing. Would be similar deal as the ice fishing GTG that was planned where we could meet in the afternoon/evening for everyone to buy each other beers!
    Launch trip would be right there for those that suggested that and would remove some of the work so that we could actually GTG and drink a few. Cabins, motel rooms, and restaurant/bar will be onsite.
    Anyone interested?

pale ryder
    NULL

I am interested.
    It would be fun to meet some of the members here.
    What weekend ?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Yup

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m liking your thought process Andy.
    Let me know when I should start the countdown.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Not to hijack this thread, but we have a GTG going on this Thursday, April 27th at Shiners in Lakeland, MN.

5 pm – 9 pm or so. Celebrate the St. Croix walleye opener. Details are on the St. Croix page here.

Stop by if you can make it.

Eric

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hoping you have a fun event at Shiners for the St. Croix opener. Not able to make that on a work night since I am downtown Minneapolis until after 5:00 and then taking a bus back to Coon Rapids.

For the Mille Lacs summer GTG (if it happens?) I think we’d be looking at August 19-20 or 26-27. Not thinking necessarily a 2 day event but those weekends. Red Door launch boat will offer Friday evenings and then Saturday and Sunday day trips. Friday evening is an option for those that need to get back home for weekend time with family although that would be a short GTG. I would prefer Saturday allowing more time for fishing and social event in the evening especially if some wish to fish in their own boats. Motel rooms should be available for safe choices! Ah…
    For any of you truly interested…vote, so that I can consider what works best for the majority and then pin it down.

Could be, should be a good time! peace

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

For the Mille Lacs summer GTG (if it happens?) I think we’d be looking at August 19-20 or 26-27.

These dates work a lot better than the May dates. Plus the smallie bite should be solid.

Just need someone to play quarterback!

-J.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

My vote is August 19 – 20. 26-27 is to close to Labor day for me.

Do you think there will be enough ice to drive on by then? whistling

Viewing 26 posts - 31 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.