Old Lures

• Rick13709
    Burnsville, MN

I do not know much about these lures. Any info would be appreciated. Any value here? Thanks.

Attachments:
    1. Ricks-Pics-288.jpg

2. Ricks-Pics-287.jpg

3. Ricks-Pics-286.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am gonna go out on a limb and say you have a couple jitterbugs in there… devil cool

munchy
    NULL

From top to bottom

Pic one

Two jitterbugs – (obviously)
    Can’t see three very well
    Unknown on 4

Pic two

Top three are various versions of Creek Chubs brand
    Four – with the shape of the nose it looks to be a Heddon brand

Pic three

Top – Bass Oreno
    Two – Heddon Lucky 13
    Three – Shakespeare Swimming Mouse
    Four – Unknown

rmartin
    United States

From top to bottom

Pic one

Two jitterbugs – (obviously)
    Can’t see three very well
    Unknown on 4 Cisco Kid

Pic two

Top three are various versions of Creek Chubs brand
    Four – with the shape of the nose it looks to be a Heddon brand
    Heddon River Runt

Pic three

Top – Bass Oreno
    Two – Heddon Lucky 13
    Three – Shakespeare Swimming Mouse
    Four – Unknown Looks like L&S Mirrolure

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

“Four – Unknown Looks like L&S Mirrolure” rmartin

Mirro lures are plastic. I have the book out now searching for this one.

Most of the baits will fall into the $5.00 to $25.00 range. Some may get more, other less. The lure market has softened some in that last couple years. These look to be in fair condition so expect to get a mid-range price. No boxes are shown. Boxes with the baits would lift the value considerably.

If I can find the jointed wooden bait I’ll re-post.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I could not find a positive match on the jointed minnow.

The 1950 model 472-j Miracle Minnow by Wright & McGill is close but I’m pretty certain its a plastic bait and the eye is cut out where you bait is not. $5.00-$15.00 on the 472.

Streamline Products from Meadows, Illinois made a Chubby Minnow in 1946 that is wood and the line tie is where its is on your bait and the eye could match but the body is markedly different….much deeper in the belly. Still this is very close. $70.00-$80.00. The info doesn’t include colors other than the perch shown in the book so its hard to say.

L&S Bait Company [Mirrolure] made some wood lures that look real close to what you have in several color options but the line ties on every one of them are part of the diving blade, not an independent tying eye so that cans that thought. These are super close to the profile though. The 3″ Bassmaster Bait and the 2 1/2″ Panfish Master bait were done in wood in 1948 – shown are each bait in a perch pattern but no mention of other colors. In 1950 a 3 1/2″ wood Baby Cat was made but only in brown/yellow. $5.00 to $15.00.

I don’t see any other jointed wood lures that resemble this one in any of the other primary bait makers’ listings. Without something definitive I’d value this at about $10.00, maybe 15.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.