Okuma Ceymar-10 anti-reverse

• Jake D
    Watertown, SD

The anti-reverse on one of my Okumas doesn’t seem to be working. It locks into place but when I am reeling in a fish out of no where the anti reverse seems to come unlocked? Then it locks in again, and it seems to be intermittent. Is their a fix for this? The reel has only been used about 6 times. Thanks for any help

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Wow, that’s not good. This is why I quit using the Pflugers. Horrible cold weather anti reverse issues.

Only reel I have used that has smooth reeling, smooth drag and functioning anti reverse in cold temps are the Tica reels. I was hoping the Okumas would be another option for me.

I assume your reels were cold Jake?

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Yes this was outside, but it would do it at home when I was looking things over afterwards. I have another Ceymar-10 on a different rod that I use that has worked flawlessly though outside. Could just be a bad one I guess

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yes this was outside, but it would do it at home when I was looking things over afterwards. I have another Ceymar-10 on a different rod that I use that has worked flawlessly though outside. Could just be a bad one I guess

I’ve never run into this but I wouldn’t tolerate it either. I’d take it back for replacement.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Could just be a bad one I guess

That would be my guess. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Thanks for the help. I got it last year when FishUSA had a flash sale for $25 so not the end of the world either

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Thanks for the help guys. I got it last year when FishUSA had a flash sale for $25 so not the end of the world either

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

remove the antireverse roller bearing, clean and oil, reassemble

remove the antireverse roller bearing, clean and oil, reassemble

+1. From my experience, this is usually due to too much grease.

Dylan Johnson
    Pequot Lakes Mn

Thats why i bought a bunch of shimano sienna 500s ) before they went bubye

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thats why i bought a bunch of shimano sienna 500s ) before they went bubye

You can still buy them everywhere

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Works like new. Thanks guys!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Anyone have a oil out there that would be comparible to hot sauce? Can’t seem to find any searching online.

milemark_714

Anyone have a oil out there that would be comparible to hot sauce? Can’t seem to find any searching online.

Tri-Flow oil works good.

catmando
    wis

Take a can of reel magic, and spray the heck out of everything inside, and out, fixes a lot.

404 ERROR
    MN

Wow, that’s not good. This is why I quit using the Pflugers. Horrible cold weather anti reverse issues.

Funny you mention that. I have 2 Sedonas with broken anti-reverse, which prompted me to switch to Presidents and Trions about 4 years ago. Haven’t had an issue yet! But the one Tica I still have is going strong…

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Scegura wrote:</div>

Funny you mention that. I have 2 Sedonas with broken anti-reverse, which prompted me to switch to Presidents and Trions about 4 years ago. Haven’t had an issue yet! But the one Tica I still have is going strong…

That is funny because I can take any Pfluger I have and toss them in the freezer and they are worthless. I think I have 8 Ticas and some are quite old and I have NEVER added grease or oil. They are so smooth… I’m hoping the Okumas are just as good.

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

you should relube all your reels, even if you’re not using them in cold weather.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Honest question here… why? I feel like I have a better chance of messing up a perfectly good reel than I do at making the reel better. Are you thinking for part wear or?

404 ERROR
    MN

That is funny because I can take any Pfluger I have and toss them in the freezer and they are worthless. I think I have 8 Ticas and some are quite old and I have NEVER added grease or oil.

We may have to test this theory together this winter on a lake around you. wink

Mat Peirce
    Inactive
    SE Iowa

Honest question here… why? I feel like I have a better chance of messing up a perfectly good reel than I do at making the reel better. Are you thinking for part wear or?

wear yes…plus, anytime you think a reel is great out of the box, it can be made better with a little work. The more you take apart, the more you will be surprised at how terrible they are as delivered from the factory. It doesn’t matter what brand, they all have issues.

Jason

TSI-321 is what you seek. I actually quit using the Hot Sauce after using the TSI321. I run this in my soft water reels also.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks for the info Mat and Jason!

We may have to test this theory together this winter on a lake around you.

I’ll have to check with my fishing partner! He out fished me pretty good the other night! Even with a wet foot… waytogo

Attachments:
    1. Wet-Foot.jpg

mrpike1973

I sent mine in twice for the same thing after 1 month to get it back I went to the Ghost Free Falls no problems since.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Jow that picture is hilarious. I started fishing 5 and 6 inch holes because my kid was Notorious for always going leg deep

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.