Okuma reel

• gramps1969

Has anyone used their baitfeeding spinning reel? Was wondering how good the disrngagement end of the reel worked,looks like a nice reel, thanks for any of your comments, maybe James has looked at these oe even had his hands on one of them.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Here is a link of James using that reel

Clean the reel out and put better grease in it. The stuff it comes with is not the best in the cold.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Has anyone used their baitfeeding spinning reel? Was wondering how good the disrngagement end of the reel worked,looks like a nice reel, thanks for any of your comments, maybe James has looked at these oe even had his hands on one of them.

Here’s a link to a thread that has a pretty lengthy discussion regarding that reel including photos showing size comparison with other reels.

https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/ido-fishing-reels/

The bait feeder function on those reels Works incredibly well and can be adjusted down to an absolute bare minimum of tension so the fish on the other end has absolutely no idea they’re about to deal with a hookset.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I have a few of them. They work great!

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

I have the Okuma AFB20 and a DAM Quick Camaro 620; both baitrunners. I will purchase more and they will be Okuma’s. The size is much better for ice fishing and I prefer the operation of the reel over the DAM Quick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.