ice conditions west boji

• Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

how is the ice near the deep trench on boji? is the ice good all the way across.

I was thinking of fishing the rocks on the edges of the deep in 30ft with weekend with the high pressure moving in you would think the fish would be deep?

has anyone fished this part of the lake much or is it a deadzone.

shaley
    Milford IA

Are you talking outside the Reek on Emerson?? Mainlake side of the bay?? THeres a few permis out in that area and guys have been driving trucks out there the last 10 days. I’ll be there Sat as part of the FM outing.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

We fished out on the main lake yesterday and there is a good foot of ice off the points. Not sure about how the ice is going across the lake. If you stay along shore and fish the drop offs and rocks the ice should be good.

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

looked up a rock pile on the lakemaster chip with deeper water surrounding and the rock pile kinda on a hump and i ice 6 good eyes from 5-630 before heading back to minnesota!

boji is a great lake to fish….the daytime bite was nonexistent for me though on the emerson side.

shaley
    Milford IA

Saw you on Emerson just never got a chance to meet you Kodiak. Glad you got onto some fish finaly. Emerson was as kind to me as it was you LOL. Reminds me why I don’t often fish there. I’ll be hitting my old haunts on Millers or trying a few new spots on Haywards this coming weekend. I still can’t cave to Spirit and all those little perch. But I do have 1 or 2 spots in mind thats been good to me in the past there just in case I change my mind.

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

yeah, the bad thing is they said they tore em up on sunday out there on emerson!! man that is frustrating, i want to catch some of them huge gills, dont get me wrong i would rather catch some eyes or some nice perch but a 9-10inch gill you kidding me??? i would love to have one of those pics on the wall of fame.

shaley
    Milford IA

9″+ gills for us that fish West alot is so normal you don’t think about it much. Chances of a 11-12″ are possible about anyday on any part of the lake. BTW they hit them on Millers on Sunday.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

If you get into perch on Okoboji they are usually the big ones. Not like the perch on Spirit lake. Most of them on Okoboji are around the 10 inches. Caught some 11 and 11.5 inchers last weekend

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

Quote:

9″+ gills for us that fish West alot is so normal you don’t think about it much. Chances of a 11-12″ are possible about anyday on any part of the lake. BTW they hit them on Millers on Sunday.

the fm guys where on millers on sunday not emerson?

shaley
    Milford IA

Yup they were on Millers, not sure exactly where I never asked. Just spoke with the local head fisheries guys tonight for NW Iowa, perch are about to explode on Spirit in the next few years. Anyone thats been on Spirit this year will already know that. Walleyes of course will be down as we are between year classes but theres still plenty to be caught.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.