night fishing

• Youngeye
    Cedar Rapids, IA

has anyone been having any success fishing at night on the great lakes, i am coming up in a week and a half and may want to beat the heat a little and fish at night. any info is appreciated

shaley
    Milford IA

Bite during the day is fair drifting weed edges and rock piles. Smallies i heard are biting, where and how not sure. I havent fished after dark since May so cant help on the night bite.

Youngeye
    Cedar Rapids, IA

any info on spirit? is the basin bite going on cranks yet?

shaley
    Milford IA

Been slow as of late, got 33 keepers in June off Spirit but last couple times outs been slow( 4-6 fish a day) Trolling lead or longlining will produce if your patient. Don’t expect the numbers like the past few years even with the new slot we may only catch 15 fish to fill 3 limits of 12 all keepers being between 14.5 and 16.5. I did limit on the 4th but only boated 6 eyes and a few perch. Those came on spinners/leeches on bouncers

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Just returned from there yesterday… I will tell you all of our 3 man limits of eyes came on Spirit and were slip bobbering.

Layne Monroe

Youngeye
    Cedar Rapids, IA

thanks for the replies, i am headed up friday and will let everyone know how we did. thanks again

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

FISHING THE WEED EDGES? 8-9 FT?

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Actually fishing the weed lines in more like 14-18′ of water.

Layne Monroe

Youngeye
    Cedar Rapids, IA

jsut got back, actually did well on okoboji at night, i was pulling spinners and bait between 14 and 35 ft. Most action came in the 21-27 foot range.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.