lookin for a place

• evan
    knoxville, IA

Hello everyone I was wanting to find a cabin or something like it on any of the lakes, and something that isnt going to drain the pocketbook. It don’t have to be to fancy just gonna be me and the wife. I wont be able to make the canada trip this year so this is gonna have to do, I guess new carpet is more important than canada I hope the fishing is good also. the last time i was there I caught several nice pike at west and perch at spirit. I would like to find some eyes this time, don’t have to be wall hangers just decent fish. So if anyone could help that would be great. thanks

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

You might want to try the KABELA TRADING POST they have nice new motel units that are roomy and you are a mile from launch on spirit and also for east.I think they got weekly rates also bait shop with good info next door

Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

I have stayed over at Kabele’s Trading Post and Lodge located in Spirit Lake. They have a really nice facility and a bait and tackle shop right there. There rates are a little cheaper during the week then on the weekend! Have a phone number if you would like it!

shaley
    Milford IA

I hear good things also about Kables. Never been in the rooms but I’m in the bait shop a few times a week. Might also try the Northland Inn reasonable rates.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there was a resort who was a site sponsor here last year, can’t remember the name, but their rates were good. I’m sure someone with a better memory than mine will chime in.

evan
    knoxville, IA

Yea if you could find that # that would be great. Is the fishin worth comin up now or should I wait till later? It sounds like the eyes and pike are bitin pretty good from what the dnr page says.

shaley
    Milford IA

1 712 336 1512

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

CALL WALLY SCHULTZ AT ANGLERS BAY RESORT ON SPIRIT. I KNOW HE HAS A RENTAL TRAILER AND ITS ON THE THE LAKE! SPIRITS BEEN ON AND OFF.WHEN YA GET INTO THEM ITS AWESOME FOR EYES. LAST WEEK I CAUGHT SOME DANDYS ON THE EDGE OF THE MOSS BEDS ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE LAKE.THE NEXT DAY THE WIND BLEW AND COULDN’T GET OFF THE LIFT. THE WINDS A FACTOR HERE, SEEMS THE WINDS BEEN WEST OR SOUTHWEST AND GUSTY. WALLY # IS 712-336-4175 THERE IS A SHELTERED DOCK YOU CAN MOOR YOUR BOAT ON BY THE CABIN.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.