White Bass

• curt
    Winnebago, MN

What’s going on with the White bass in Okoboji? Last couple of years I haven’t seen or caught near as many on West. We used to get into very very large white bass in fair sized schools from time to time. I haven’t tried to find them on East but I still pop a few now and then on crank baits there.

Any information about whats happening with them? Or are you not seeing the decline in the population the same as I am?

Curt

timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

Grandpa has a place on East and every year when the may flies hatch the water comes alive off the sandbar. It’s a real blast But, you don’t see as many as you did 3-5 years ago. If you don’t get to them early in the morning before all the boats, its hard to find to find them. You know we used to catch alot of fish off that dock, but with all the recreational boats today it seems all the fishing is down

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Curt,I hardly ever catch white bass on West anymore.But we do great on them at times on East.There are some real monster white bass on East.I still think that the next white bass state record will come off of East in the future.I’ve been within a pound of it.
    Ryan Hale

curt
    Winnebago, MN

I near froze to death fishing there Sunday haha… sleet, rain, SNOW…. 25 mph winds from the NW gusting to 35… I thought fishing was supposed to be fun hahaha. I did bump into a few nice white this weekend on West and was surprised, 2.5 – 3 lb fish. I’ve not ever eaten them but I sure enjoy how hard they hit when they hit.

I hope spring is actually on the way!

Curt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.