Headed to Mobridge

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

getting going at O-dark thirty, our third year doing the Mobridge Chamber tourney. As usual the weather will be just perfect till we get there. Can’t wait to hear the local’s stories and see pics of what was caught before we showed up. We will hava few hours to pre-tourney fish on Thurs. and most of Friday. Rules meeting on Friday will have us off the lake by 6pm. Been seeing some real good reports, and they have increased the limits/possession because there are a record number of walleye in the system with low amounts of baitfish. We have a favorite point to try, after that we might have to wing it. Our best finish was 28th the first year we were there, not bad for a couple Iowa hicks.
    For anybody who has not experienced this area, make plans, the area is beautiful, the people are very friendly, and there’s plenty to do in the area. Here’s the link to the tourney page. Mobridge Chamber Ice Tourney

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve heard the bite up there has been great. Good luck!!!!

Terry Heese

Was up there the last weekend in Dec. No problem catching your 24 fish for taking home. Mostly eaters, avg size 15″, biggest 17″.

Heading back in a couple weeks. Love that area.

Good Luck this weekend. I entered the lotto but no luck

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Was up there the last weekend in Dec.

Did you see the Lodge and Ranger that was going through the ice by the bridge then?? Brother-in-law was telling me about it. Sounded like some tense moments for the owner.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

you can get all over with a truck as long as you don’t go near the bridges. We measured 14-16 inches of ice every place we fished. We did our best on the points in front of Dead Mans. You will have a tough time not catching your 8 a day. We finished 78th out of the 500 teams, the weather was so bad that I’m sure a few teams didn’t even go out. There were a few really nice buckets turned in though. We are grandfathered, so as long as we keep going, we are automatically in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.