NW Angle

• Joe

Heading up on Wednesday, will be staying at Youngs Bay. Any recent reports or suggestions? Have not fished this part of the lake during open water. Thanks!

dave_n
    Champlin, MN

We just got back on Saturday after a week at the Angle. Water temps were 64 on Saturday and shot up to 74 mid week, then back to 70 on Saturday when we left. The walleyes were elusive (we only pull rapalas) and pike fishing nonexistent. But the muskies were really going and bass fishing was excellent. Water levels were normal. I can’t help if you are jigging for walleyes but if interested in casting all day I can give a few pointers if interested.

Joe

Thanks for the response! We’ll mainly be jigging for walleyes. I’m bringing my musky gear but not sure if we’ll make time for that or not as 2/4 people in our group don’t musky fish.

mnbigfishonly
    Southeast Metro

Hi. Also got back this past Sunday after 4 days at Sunset Lodge/Oak Island.

Fished Canada for the most part.

We mainly used jigs. For us 28-30 foot of water off most structure we stopped at was good. I had a lot of luck with Chartreuse. Pink and gold typically very good.

The smallmouth fishing was great as well for us. Caught an occasional walleye as well casting the shores.

Buddy got a nice 40″ pike jigging. 26″ walleye was our biggest. Lots of nice eater size.

Have fun and good luck.

Joe

Thanks! We fished the us side today and did ok. Biggest fish was 24″, with a fair amount of eaters. We will probably try the canadian side at some point and will keep that in mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.