North Star lake

• Kyle hulke

Was wondering if anyone had experience fishing North Star lake just south of Marvell. We have a family trip memorial weekend just looking to put my young kids on some fish and have some fun thanks

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Never fished it. But hear it can be a tough lake to fish. Clear water makes it tough to fish under a bright sky.

catnip
    south metro

If you mean marcell i haven’t fished it myself but i do fish about 7 other lakes in the area and they all seem to hold fish. So if for some reason your not catching the fish you want either the amount or type there are more lakes than you can shake a stick at within say a 15 minute drive. It seems like just about every road off of 38 has 5 to 10 lakes on it lol. I will be up there in a few weeks let me know how it goes. Oh yeah the skeeters up there can be something else, i think they are bread by 3m or something for military purposes i mean those scum bums will stay out in a fire hose like down poor and hide in the raindrops like kamikaze pilots!

munchy
    NULL

Fished it once in the winter. Lots of structure and steep breaks out there. I’d look for whatever weed edges you can find and start your search from there.

But like Catnip stated, there are a TON of smaller lakes in the area that can be much easier to fish if you strike out on North Star.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hard lake to fish. Lived just S of there most of my life. It doesn’t receive a lot of pressure except for the tourists for a reason. The locals choose other options. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a beautiful body of water in a special part of MN. We just choose other options for fishing…usually.

queenswake
    NULL

A couple of years ago I booked a place at a resort after summer was already underway. The fact that it was so easy to get a rental that late and the fact that even then, the majority of the cabins were empty, should’ve been a sign. We struggled to get the fish we were able to fine. Even trying to get on the panfish was a grind. Clear lake with a lot of deep dropoffs. Very few boats out. I finally did talk to a guy at the bait shop who was getting the muskies throwing fake mice.

Like others say, check out nearby lakes. I love this area of MN. Tons of lakes
    and old school mom and pop resorts, remote. I saw a wolf there in the daytime a couple of years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.