Nokay Lake

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Will be fishing Nokay Lake the first week of September. Looks like it’s sort of Northwest of Mille Lacs and Northeast of Brainerd. FIL picked out the lake so I don’t know anything about it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience on it or knows what the lake might be doing in early September. Last year’s big victory was just getting 2-year-old Jack on the boat for a little ride (and a keeper northern), this year now that he’s 3 I’m hoping he’ll be out with us more and catching fish.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Only fished it once in the winter and had no luck. It was a heavier snow fall out there and couldn’t move around a lot. Heard it has some good crappies and there are some eyes out there. Sorry I can’t be more help.

blank

Lots of reeds, nice weedlines, some decent crappies and I’ve heard it can be decent for walleyes. You should be able to get the kids on some panfish on the weedlines.

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Used to go there every year in June staying at the resort on the lake. We always brought a bunch of leeches and had a lot of fun catching rock bass there. Lots of good pan fishing, have pulled out some walleye, pike and bass as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.