Nipigon Lake Trout Guides

• mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Do any of you know any guides for lake trout and brook trout for lake Nipigon. Looking for any info. Limited results online. Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Call Chad at Pasha Lake Cabins. Both he and his guides spend a lot of time guiding out on Nipigon.

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Thanks James,

Just looking for something new. I Appreciate the reference. I watched a few shows were you guys beat up on some monster lakers. that was cool!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks James,

Just looking for something new. I Appreciate the reference. I watched a few shows were you guys beat up on some monster lakers. that was cool!

I plan to be up to Pasha / Nipigon at the end of September chasing giant pike and lakers myself. It is a special place indeed!

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Here is a guide I have personally used and would recommend. When we went with him we camped on the upper Nipigon River and it was a blast. We even camped less than a mile where the world record Brook trout was caught 100 years ago (Rabbit Rapids). Not sure if Barry still does the camping though. He has been fishing the Nipigon River a long time and really knows the river too. He only specializes in Nipigon River Brook Trout. Not sure he does Lake Trout in the big lake. Personally, if I was going to fish Brook trout up there I would fish them in the river vs. the Lake Nipigon. But that’s just me. You can also fish for Coasters in lake Superior as well.

http://www.hardcorefishing.org/

Also, here is my report from that trip too. It’s not a trip where you can expect high volumes of fish either. Definitely quality vs. quantity. I think we caught something like 22 Brook Trout over 3 days which our guide thought was above normal. I did catch one pushing 7 lbs though.

https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/salmon_1145324/

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hi Mudneck Joe

Yes, we do daily charter trips to Nipigon, mainly from May to July. The bite is currently red hot. 2016 trips so far guests have been treated to multiple double digits days, with frequent specks 20″ and up. Biggest this year was boated last week, just under 24″.

The best bite of the year and most action is happening now and will last another 2 weeks or so. Then, once the walleye season opens on Nipigon, will be chasing walleye’s.

PM me or call me anytime 715 817 4161

Thanks, Chad

PS – I don’t think Barry is guiding anymore, I heard he hung it up but not 100% sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.