NFL MVP

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Rogers or Brady?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Gotta be Erin. Without Erin the Packers would get beat by the Lions.

tim hurley

Sure you can hate him but he is great. 2 Hall of Fame QBs for the Pack in a short span (our last was Tarkenton) you can hate that too but they did develop him, he was not great in college.
    Anyway, back to the hate: I hate the Pack! (also Dallas & the Yankees)

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I see what ya did there. LOL

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

I see what ya did there. LOL

Wait cry what’d I do? ???

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’d go with Brady, that other fella is a drama queen and was way to contraversial this year.

What about the guy that tied the NFL record for sacks??;oh yea 1 to many games. waytogo

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It would be fun to see Brady & Erin on the frozen tundra.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Gotta be Kupp. Without Cooper the Rams ARE the Lions.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kupp wasn’t listed as a option. It was Erin or TB12.

Ripjiggen

I’d go with Brady, that other fella is a drama queen and was way to contraversial this year.

What does that have to do with playing football?

What about the guy that tied the NFL record for sacks??;oh yea 1 to many games. waytogo

T.J. Watt

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

What does that have to do with playing football?

T.J. Watt

waytogo waytogo

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Gotta be Kupp. Without Cooper the Rams ARE the Lions.

if i had a vote, i would give it to Coop. him and davante made me close to a grand this year after i fill out the W9! it will be ARodge and he deserves it coming from a Vikes fan. i never hate on GB players just GB Packers in general

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Another vote for Cooper Kupp. I am not sure if he broke the record for receiving yards all time today or not though.

The NFL mvp has primarily become a QB award in recent years. The last non-QB was Adrian Peterson in 2012. I thought Derrick Henry should have won it last season when he eclipsed 2,000 yards in a season.

stevenoak

I watched both this week. Think the offensive lines are a variable to take into account. Brady gets like a second or two to throw a pass. E. R. could eat a sandwich before he has to throw.

blank

Kupp had a great year no doubt, but he doesn’t catch any passes without a QB throwing it to him. Hard to give a MVP award to a WR for that reason, along with the very good play by Brady and Rodgers. I’d maybe put Jonathan Taylor slightly ahead of Kupp too in the MVP race.

But I think Rodgers earned the award, and Brady a close 2nd. Neither team is a playoff team without the great play of their QB.

blank

I watched both this week. Think the offensive lines are a variable to take into account. Brady gets like a second or two to throw a pass. E. R. could eat a sandwich before he has to throw.

Brady was sacked 22 times this season, Rodgers was sacked 30 times (and missed one whole game)….

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’d maybe put Jonathan Taylor slightly ahead of Kupp too in the MVP race.

Taylor was in the conversation for me until yesterday. Losing to the lowly Jags (not entirely his fault, obviously) and Indy completely missing the playoffs put him outside the conversation now.

Plus, if Derrick Henry can become only the 7th running back in the history of the NFL to pass 2,000 yards last season and still not win the award, you know Taylor has no chance this year.

Looks like Kupp fell just short of Calvin Johnson’s yardage record and 4 catches short of Michael Thomas’s catch record for a season total, even though he played one extra game.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It should be Rodgers, as he said, it’s not a popularity contest, it’s what you do on the field. He said it best when that dipshit from Chicago said he wouldn’t vote for him, because of his off field activities… Rodgers said maybe call it the MVVP… Most Valuable Vaccinated Player 🤣🤣🤣

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Rodgers.

He does more with less. They used a 3rd string Offensive Tackle for a key stretch of the season (and used a backup for the rest), lost his Center, starting TE, and starting RB for a stretch of the season. Davante Adams is an all-pro. The remaining WRs on the Packers roster would be #3 options or special teamers most other places. Do people really think Equanimeous St. Brown, an aged Randall Cobb, or even Allan Lazard crack the Bucs lineup? Maybe Lazard as a phenomenal blocker in stints.

Brady has Gronk, Mike Evans, Godwin, (had) Antonio Brown, Byron Leftwich as an OC who is one of the best in the business, and a better defense. The Packers #1s on the defensive side couldn’t stop the Lions yesterday before being pulled shock …which is also why GB won’t make the Super Bowl.

bclii
    MN/AZ

Brady!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Brady. He deserves every award and accolade until someone knocks him off the throne for good. Long live King Brady! As a Vikings fan, I’m also a huge Rodgers fan, and would have no problem if he wins MVP. He’s done more statistically, with less talent at WR/TE. Neither team is sniffing the playoffs without their QB, but the GOAT is the GOAT.

CaptainMusky

He only played in 15 games though so no asterisk IMO.

ranger680t

TJ Watt did not play in 2 games due to injury, so he actually did it in one less game than Strahan, who played in all 16 games in the year he set the record.

Jensen

Glenn I’m staying out of this one🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glenn I’m staying out of this one🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rotflol rotflol no harm. whistling mrgreen

maddogg

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

He only played in 15 games though so no asterisk IMO.

Are they suppose to vote for the best player or for the one they think has the best personalty?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Are they suppose to vote for the best player or for the one they think has the best personalty?

Neither. They vote for the player they think is the most valuable to their team.

Look at this way. If you take that player away, how would that team do? In that case, they both have a case to be MVP, as does Cooper Kupp IMO. But since they pretty much only give it to QBs now, its going to be Rodgers or Brady.

KP
    Hudson, WI

You take away Rodgers, Kupp, and Taylor all those team have a different record this year. Rodgers is probably the most important player to his team and which why he will win.

Brady had a hell of a season but I still think the Bucs make the playoffs without him but not so much the Packers without Rodgers.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Rodgers is probably the most important player to his team and which why he will win.

Take a look at the game Rodgers missed against the Chiefs in November. It was an absolute train wreck with Jordan Love in there instead, and this was when KC was in a losing streak. I think its safe to say that the Packers would have won that game had he been able to play.

Brady played every game for the Bucs this season so there is no example of how the team does without his absence.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Brady played every game for the Bucs this season so there is no example of how the team does without his absence.

True we dont know how they would of down but the Bucs have a way better surrounding cast than Rodgers has. I’m not sure Lazaard would crack the top 4 receivers on Tampa in the beginning of the year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.