New WI DNR GO WILD – Up and running online

• riverruns
    Inactive

Was able to get my left over turkey permit. Only took an hour of my life waiting on line. I guess that’s pretty convienent these days.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Never bother with going on line on my computer again seems the system crashes more then going to a ELS or what ever you call it now.
    I tried to go online and said 5000 people ahead of me in line. Then the system crashed, I thought this would be better with the new system and no it was not.
    Every year they do not plan correctly and the system cannot handle all the people getting on for the turkey tags. WI DNR just cannot service or figure out without the site crashing. Which it did many times today. Went into ACE had my tag and did not have to wait behind the 5000 it said when I logged in. Paper license is a pain I’ve been getting them for NE for the last 16 years. Plastic baggy or laminate them but yes a pain.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

For all you stoneagers (sort of like teenagers only different) who are worried about laminating, etc., here’s a tip: 1) Save the license as a PDF document. 2) Open a dropbox account. 3) Save the PDF there. 4) Download the dropbox app on your phone. 5) Make the document a favorite and you won’t even need a network connection to access it. If you own an iphone, you can save the license to your ibooks app and always have access to it there. This way if your piece of paper gets ruined, you can show the “backup” license to the CO on your phone.

So tell me how that works with a kill Tag! portable printer, secure cell phone to deer, LOL

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Just did mine, less than 5 minutes start to finish to get my fishing license. I created the account, added the license to my cart, payed, then downloaded the pdf and transferred it right to my phone. The one thing I have been hearing though is that you will need a hard copy on federal waters. Guess I’ll have to break down and print one copy, LAME.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I couldn’t find any changes to the otter tagging requirements (trapping). Unless I missed something, I still need a tag for the pelt and one for the carcass. Interesting

Pete S

For all you stoneagers (sort of like teenagers only different) who are worried about laminating, etc., here’s a tip: 1) Save the license as a PDF document. 2) Open a dropbox account. 3) Save the PDF there. 4) Download the dropbox app on your phone. 5) Make the document a favorite and you won’t even need a network connection to access it. If you own an iphone, you can save the license to your ibooks app and always have access to it there. This way if your piece of paper gets ruined, you can show the “backup” license to the CO on your phone.

Before you tell me that you can’t be troubled to take your phone out during a downpour, let me remind you that you’ve never actually had your license checked during a downpour. If you do in the future, you can work together with the CO to make sure your phone stays dry (consider using the paper map you still carry to construct a makeshift shelter). No cell service where you fish? No problem — see the dropbox tip above (“no network” means no cell or wi-fi signal). You don’t want your wife or employer to call you while you’re fishing? Use airplane mode to disable the cell service on your phone. Finally, if none of these solutions make you happy – because you choose not to own a smart phone; because you are worried about a government employee looking at your phone; or because you were just plain happier 30 years ago – drive to nearest FedEx Office (you may remember it as Kinko’s; if you can handle it, run a Google search to find the nearest location) and get your license printed in whatever fancy-schmancy way you’d like. I (and apparently the DNR, too) will take the ease and efficiency of modern technology. I won’t be offended if you choose to pay extra for a laminated license.

P.S. I’ve been carrying paper licenses printed at home for years now because that’s what you get when you buy online. No problems whatsoever.

not carrying a phone isn’t always about trying to hide from the boss or our wives, some of us just don’t have the narcissistic need to be attached to our phone and would rather leave it at home or in the truck when hunting or on the water. call me a dinosaur…

Mike Stephens
    WI.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>john23 wrote:</div>

Before you tell me that you can’t be troubled to take your phone out during a downpour, let me remind you that you’ve never actually had your license checked during a downpour. If you do in the future, you can work together with the CO to make sure your phone stays dry (consider using the paper map you still carry to construct a makeshift shelter). No cell service where you fish? No problem — see the dropbox tip above (“no network” means no cell or wi-fi signal). You don’t want your wife or employer to call you while you’re fishing? Use airplane mode to disable the cell service on your phone. Finally, if none of these solutions make you happy – because you choose not to own a smart phone; because you are worried about a government employee looking at your phone; or because you were just plain happier 30 years ago – drive to nearest FedEx Office (you may remember it as Kinko’s; if you can handle it, run a Google search to find the nearest location) and get your license printed in whatever fancy-schmancy way you’d like. I (and apparently the DNR, too) will take the ease and efficiency of modern technology. I won’t be offended if you choose to pay extra for a laminated license.

P.S. I’ve been carrying paper licenses printed at home for years now because that’s what you get when you buy online. No problems whatsoever.

not carrying a phone isn’t always about trying to hide from the boss or our wives, some of us just don’t have the narcissistic need to be attached to our phone and would rather leave it at home or in the truck when hunting or on the water. call me a dinosaur…

Get over yourself John Boy. Not everyone needs or wants to carry a dam cell phone with them, especially out in a boat. roll

riverruns
    Inactive

Called DNR help line. On hold 40 minutes. Good PR service. Asked about the patron license I purchased and how I get my park sticker. He thought it should come in the mail. I also asked him about the free doe tag we receive for the bow lisence and gun lisence. Those will be available sometime this summer. Need to go back and print them off when they are available. I am assuming the other carcass tags that we need will be available after quotas are set.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Friends were on trying to get turkey tags yesterday also took over an hour on their computer. I do not want these problems to happen Thursday when we try and get our other tags.See what horror stories happen today.

I think the system will be fine for fishing or other tags like that just not built and ready for all the people at one time trying to log on to the site at once to get the Turkey tags and crashes the system.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Again today the system crashed right at 10am people getting permits. I was lucky went into the store (ace ) picked up my tag. Not sure why but old or new both systems crash during this surplus sale. Cannot handle the number of people or something getting on the system.

My buddies finally left work to buy there tags after not getting on for about an hour at their computer. After 3 days of this you would think something would of been fixed.

Good thing is I have all my tags and ready to go now. )

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I still cant buy a family non-res. Plus they try to ding you for using a credit card.
    I’m just heading to a regional DNR and get all my licenses in person.

Bassn Dan

Another thing to consider…

“For proof of fishing licenses or stamps used on boundary waters and outlying waters (where wardens from adjoining states could be checking for licenses and who do not have access to Wisconsin DNR records), anglers will have to carry the original approval or a printed copy.”

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.