New to me 998c SI how do I read lakes and chips

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

Bought a used 998 at a divorce sale last week, and it came with 2 navionics chips. I’m reading the pdf manual to learn how to use the chips and would like some help. I’m reading on pg. 76 navigation but it doesn’t really explain how to get the map from the chip to the screen and to read it. Where do I find the list of lakes on the chips? then do I just use the zoom in and out to locate specific spots on the lake. I know read the manual as everyone says but sometimes it’s nice to have a heads up and go from there…thanks

Ryan Hughes

Ok I can provide some help here I think. Insert your chips into the card holders in the 998 then navigate to one of the chart views by hitting either the view button or the exit button (exit button just cycles through the views in the opposite direction). One thing to check is if you hit the menu button twice and then scroll over to the chart tab I always like to select either the left or right card slot and not just leave it on auto. This will ensure that your are getting the correct maps to be displayed. You will need to be outside for it to work correctly so that it can get a gps connection. Once your maps are on the screen yes you can just scroll around to whatever point you want using the keypad and the zoom feature. Once you are done looking at a spot and want to jump back to your location just hit the exit button once. As far as the lake lists go I don’t know what chips you have but you can go to
    http://www.navionics.com/sites/default/files/coverage/lakes/Navionics_LakeList.pdf
    This will give you a full list of lakes they have mapped.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.